A hour in the back yard

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Didn't have time to hit the beach this morning, but had a little time on my hands, so I thought I'd hit my back yard again. Spent about an hour back there. The first hit I got was the Kennedy half, 1992. Next 2 hits were the pennies, one of them looks like it got caught up in the lawnmower blades, really chewed up. The 3rd was another sinker (must've found about 12 of these since I started back there :-\. Final dig was a aluminum window crank about 9-10". :'(

Not near as good as Rod's lunch hr, but at least I got to hunt! 8)

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 319
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
it had to be fun to pull up the kennedy half! nice finds

I've pulled dozens of sinkers out of my yard, and still find more. I live on an island, so there plentiful here. Where the sinkers were you might want to cover again. Occassianally i go back over mine for practice. And still come up with goodies that the sinkers had masked. HH

rvbvetter said:
I've pulled dozens of sinkers out of my yard, and still find more. I live on an island, so there plentiful here. Where the sinkers were you might want to cover again. Occasionally i go back over mine for practice. And still come up with goodies that the sinkers had masked. HH
That my friends is the truth . not just checking the same hole but going over the area closest to those holes too. I found a darn nail but kept getting weird signals then I found a penny not 6 inches away and the i was still getting weird signals and dug a tab back in the original hole down 8 inches on its side. once i pulled that sucker then the machine quited down and the hit 6 inches the other way was a dime but all this was within a 16 inch diameter circle area. Masked signals are the ones to watch for sure. Thanks for bringing that up RVbvetter. And nice KH Surfrat. That had to be a heart pounder. HH

i love it when i get a penny-dime reading and the first thing i see is a nickle.its like HELLO!! you know you got a multiple and can't wait to see what else is there.

bigrig

Ya did good Surf!

If I was hunting my yard at lunch all I'd find would be nails, screws, and pieces of aluminum from my soffet (spelling?). I'm in a new house, new neighborhood. Nothing to find in my yard :-

I like the Kennedy! Cool LARGE coin,..I'm sure it got your ticker going a bit :)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back