dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the fields around me are finally starting to get picked of their crops and that means they're opening up for detecting. I was able to get out last week with my buddy Wes, and he and I put in a full day. We each had a pouch full of trinkets, but the 1898 Barber Quarter was my prize possession for the trip. This morning I ventured out to a field that I hit a few times last year and walked away with a couple keepers. Managed to get a piece of Spanish silver today. I think it was a large coin at one time before being clipped. Maybe a 4 or 8 Reale?? It's thicker than any other piece of silver I've yanked out of that field. I also managed to get a nice 1911 V-Nickel, and it's in pretty good shape. Usually they don't hold up well in the soil here. This one was a treat. Hope everyone is getting their treasure hunting in. Good luck!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Attachments

• 10-05-12BarberQtr.jpg
    10-05-12BarberQtr.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 10-11-12Silver.jpg
    10-11-12Silver.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 10-11-12VNickel.jpg
    10-11-12VNickel.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 4
Those are some nice finds... Congrats! Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

Awesome finds! Nice barber!

Awesome finds!! Thanks for sharing!!

Great Coins! The piece of Spanish Silver is Awesome! Way to go!

great finds. love that cut silver

Congrats on some nice digs. :thumbsup: Love the cut silver. I'm hoping one farmer I know will get his beans harvested this week....he had planned to do it last week. :icon_scratch: The frost is coming!

HH

Congratulations. Those coins look to be in excellent condition for being over a 100 years old. I have never had any luck in the open fields but maybe I need to work on my patience. Hope that you have many more nice finds to come.

Coinhound

Congrats on the silver

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Well done Nate! We will get back out next week and see what else we can find. Looking forward to a VERY productive season. See you soon. Congrats on the coins, it was fun.

Great silver day!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Awesome score ,,,!:icon_thumleft:

I flip out over the amount of spanish silver found in NE U.S. and how it continues to show up on this bulletin board on a weekly basis. Certainly much more than found on land here in Florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back