A goal of mine

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
At the start of the summer I decided that I would challenge myself for the fun of it. I bought a coin book for Wheaties and started putting all the Wheats I find in the book. I decided to just do the dates rather than the mint marks. The oldest I've found is a 1910. I've got a couple from the teens. several from the 20s. a few from the 30s. But the majority of them seem to range from the 40s til 58. I do keep a list of all of them and it includes the mints. And a running count of each year . Does anyone else do this or is it just me ?

I tried ot once, but all I was finding were 56 ,57, and 58's. Seems that there were lots of them lost.

The 44s, 45s and 50s are the most common for me. I know I'll eventually get them all. But I feel like I'll find a 1909 before I find the steel one.

Wheat backs are kinda the only coin with massive numbers still in circulation. I get them all the time in change. I started the book and everything in it is from getting change back at stores. No coin roll hunting, or buying. There are 3-4 that I dug though. It’s just for fun since they’re all circulated. None of them really hold any value.
A6ECF135-F43D-4547-B288-BBE04594C7D9.jpeg

Wheat backs are kinda the only coin with massive numbers still in circulation. I get them all the time in change. I started the book and everything in it is from getting change back at stores. No coin roll hunting, or buying. There are 3-4 that I dug though. It’s just for fun since they’re all circulated. None of them really hold any value.View attachment 2102614
I keep the ones I dig separate from the ones I've collected over the years. They're usually so worn when I dig them that I'd probably spend more money on advertising them than I would get for the coins themselves if I tried to sell them. As far as cleaning them goes I only worry about the date area. One day I may actually take time to clean them up but right now I got too many pennies in the bank to worry about it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back