Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in Reno for the summer. Been jonesing to get out and look for rocks as it's been a couple of months since I had a chance.
Headed out to a spot that usually gives up something worth keeping. It was a perfect 80 degree sunny day with humidity at 15%.
Here are the results:
5 Humboldts
a dinged Rose Spring
a nice, thin tip
and a shell bead
IMG_7096.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7083.JPG
    IMG_7083.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7087.JPG
    IMG_7087.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7089.JPG
    IMG_7089.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
Upvote 13
Back in Reno for the summer. Been jonesing to get out and look for rocks as it's been a couple of months since I had a chance.
Headed out to a spot that usually gives up something worth keeping. It was a perfect 80 degree sunny day with humidity at 15%.
Here are the results:
5 Humboldts
a dinged Rose Spring
a nice, thin tip
and a shell bead
View attachment 2151769
I haven't been lucky enough to find any of those yet but I always have my eyeballs peeled. Those are very nice points!

My nephew gave me a point from Oregon he found that looks like the 2nd one from the left. It's Obsidian too. Those are all very nice finds.
Thanks NM.
It looks like an Early Leaf type, which we find way up close to Oregon, but the base is a little dinged and I think it was a Constricted Stem Humboldt.

...i few years back I was walking about 8 PM in August close to Pyramid... It was in the 80's with a light breeze...sage in the air... and a feeling of ultimate contentment just overwhelmed me... never had that happen before... it was truly amazing.

...i few years back I was walking about 8 PM in August close to Pyramid... It was in the 80's with a light breeze...sage in the air... and a feeling of ultimate contentment just overwhelmed me... never had that happen before... it was truly amazing.
I had a paiute indian buddy that was a council member at Pyramid Lake. He used to take me out to hunt different areas around the lake. I found some amazing artifacts on those hunts!
I would pick him up when I'd take my boat out on the lake to wakeboard and ski with my friends and he would just sit in the bow of the boat all day with a big smile on his face. He was a great human being. Sure miss all that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back