A few of our Wyoming finds

newadventure

Greenie
Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still learning how to identify them. I know the one is a bird point. 10336828_10202030365546826_3165713266317636558_n.jpg

Upvote 0
those are some nice finds,can we see some close ups id like to see the first one and last one close up thanks

Sure, at work right now but will try and provide better close up of those two very soon.

Still learning how to identify them. I know the one is a bird point.View attachment 991023

That's a great Knife, and those are some fantastic materials, and I see an arrowhead too. That little white guy is what they commonly stuck in buffalo and points of that size were usually found on the end of an arrow shaft. Not saying it wouldn't kill a bird, but *bird points* are just an in-accurate description of what are just everyday all purpose arrowheads. The larger points are usually dart points or knives.

Nice finds! Your going to have to separate them. And move your camera closer. Macro setting makes good pics!

Looks like three nice arrowheads and a knife blade. You did good with a nice assortment of materials. As been mentioned "bird" point is a name that modern man gave those small hunting points.

If you think about it next time put a quarter next to your points. That will give a reference to size.

Last edited:
ok thanks guys, I need all the help I can get, I bought a book to help out as well.

The knife on the left looks like a Harhay but better pic's would help. that would be a four sided knife with bevels. The small point depending on size would either be a Pelican Lake or a desert corner notch. The two on the right are most likely cottonwoods the far right looks broken. Material would depend on which side of the state it was found, and better pic's would be necessary.

Nice finds! Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back