A few firsts in water today. 14k wedding band and a 1959D Washington. Met a larger water snake 🐍.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been detecting 4.5 years and never found a Denver mint silver or a 14k wedding band. Weight is 4.87 grams. Washington is a 1959 D. I see correct* North Water snakes in this creek a lot. They don't mind me though get tired of me trying to get a photo. No id on brass item on ring. Has writing I've just not deciphered it yet.

Updated * Patent March 15 1870.

Held something wooded as there's wood in it still.

Attachments

• 20240914_133135.jpg
    20240914_133135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • 20240914_130253.jpg
    20240914_130253.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 25
I've been detecting 4.5 years and never found a Denver mint silver or a 14k wedding band. Weight is 4.87 grams. Washington is a 1959 D. I see milk snakes in this creek a lot. They don't mind me though get tured to me trying to get a photo. No id on brass item on ring. Has writing I've just not deciphered it yet. Held something wooded as there's wood in it still.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Are sure that's a Milk snake? I've never heard of them being water borne snakes.
Not totally. Usual this is the type I see in the water. Black rat snakes occasionally along the shore line. A garter snake occasionally. I guess copper heads could be in Pennsylvania too. This is a better picture of the snake type I took in same creek.

Attachments

• 20220530_200207.jpg
    20220530_200207.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Congratulations on getting a couple of firsts.
Very nice gold ring and silver.
The other pat. Piece isn't off a Hames, so maybe off a wagon perhaps. A rein guide of sorts?

Congratulations on getting a couple of firsts.
Very nice gold ring and silver.
The other pat. Piece isn't off a Hames, so maybe off a wagon perhaps. A rein guide of sorts?
Certainly possible to be horse wagon related. Definitely a lot of horse and farm activities around here. Was an old water crossing.

I've been detecting 4.5 years and never found a Denver mint silver or a 14k wedding band. Weight is 4.87 grams. Washington is a 1959 D. I see correct* North Water snakes in this creek a lot. They don't mind me though get tired of me trying to get a photo. No id on brass item on ring. Has writing I've just not deciphered it yet.

Updated * Patent March 15 1870.

Held something wooded as there's wood in it still.
I'll take silver and gold on the same hunt every time, wtg! You can keep the snakes.......

I'll take silver and gold on the same hunt every time, wtg! You can keep the snakes.......
Thank you. I met several little frogs out there and a young green heron too. I tried to get a picture of the heron but it didn't come out great with my waterproof phone pouch on my phone. It was hunting minnows on the rocky sandbar I was on.

I like your wildlife pictures and discussion. I've seen only maybe 2 green herons in my life.
Thank you. I figured what else we found while finding metal was relevant. The green heron was definitely a young one. It was more curious about me on the shore line with detecting gear than fearful. Since I had my car key in phone case it kind of distorted the plastic bag case and there fore the photo too. I watched a while as it stalked its lunch. Its Mohawk going up and down.

Attachments

• 20240914_132611.jpg
    20240914_132611.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back