Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
A few early Morn'n hunts...

Hey all,,,
I been really busy all week, but I did manage to sneak in a few early morning hunts.
The little aluminum anvil was at 3" down and just about blew my headphones off my head... ;D
It's 3-1/2" long, 1-1/2" tall, 7/16" wide, and has a #6 on it, maybe the weight ( 6 oz. ) I'm guessing it's a jewelers anvil, couldn't be use for too much else... The dime is a 1938 Canadian, my first Canadian silver, found at about 5" to 6" down....
The spoon ring has " ORIGINAL ROGERS " stamped on the inside, not sure about it's age. Looks to be brass, with silver plate.
The tag has the #39 on it...Anyone know what these types of tags were used for? I have found several of these...
Last but not least is the little Jockey riding a horse. It was at about 6" down and give off a foil signal. The tail is missing... :'(
Hope ya all had a great week and have a Happy Memorial weekend...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• 052705.JPG
    052705.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
Re: A few early Morn'n hunts...

Just a guess...but maybe the disc is a Motel/Hotel key ring?

The tag looks like a "tool tag". Guys at DOW Chem. and GM, Ford, etc. use/d them for checking out tools from the "tool rooms". I'm sure other smaller companies use/d them too.

It doesn't appear to be a railway tag.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Thanks all,,,
Thank you Omni,, for the link... I wonder who will find the next one,,, everything comes in three's
Good luck & happy hunting~

I have been thinking about your anvil, it being aluminium it wouldn't do for a jeweler or just about anyone else. what I think it might be is a salesmans sample. they used to make minatures of objects to be sold for traveling salesmen to carry around.

HH vent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back