A few caribbean beaches

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had some luck in the islands. Found Euro and US coin, a Barbados dollar and one Peso from Argentina. Two silver rings, one is a spinner that needs work before it will spin again, it's completely fused. The silver spoon was found in sand around a rocky outcrop, a picturesque place to eat lunch and drop your utensils. All hunts were in the water.

St. Maarten : This place is beautiful and we would love to spend a week here. Detecting on a " European style " beach is real nice...
Roseau Dominica : volcanic island, beaches are stone pebbles no sand, did not try.
Grenada: Each detector swing hit 2-3 junk targets, it is just sad to see this amount of trash on the beach and in the water. Had to give up after an hour, it was like hunting an underwater junkyard.
Tobago: nice place, few finds, good sand and clear water.
Barbados: fine pack white sand with crystal clear water. If you lost a ring here you would see it 20 feet down.

With time limited to a few hours on each hunt this trip was more of an island sampler, but now we know where to go back an spend a entire week.

tek

Attachments

• cruise 2009.jpg
    cruise 2009.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 579
  • peso front.jpg
    peso front.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 556
  • peso back.jpg
    peso back.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0
Cool hunting grounds. A zone many of us would love to hunt at, especially any that are snowed in or too cold to go out.

Try electrolysis on the rings to clean them.

I have hit areas that were filled with junk too. What I did was turn up discrim. all the way up. I admit I didn't find any gold there but found tons of coins.

It looks like you had a great time.

HH

Barbados is also one of my favorites beaches. I've had quite a bit of luck. Would love to go back.

St Martin - used to get hit by a lot of TH'ers - I did ok there - and would go back
Greneda - don't know to many that hit there but got to remember - when there was war there - lot of military trash in water and on bchs
Tobago - know a guy that lives 6 mo. up here - 6 down there and he hammers the beaches _where its allowed
Barbados - group of guys travel there I think every year - plus one of the guys is a dealer and sold machines to locals that pound many of the beaches now
I wont be going back there to soon - I did ok there but other islands ive done better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back