Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife found these in a box of her things. She thinks she got them at a flea market but can't recall. I'm guessing they probably came from around here (southwest Missouri or possible eastern Oklahoma or northern Arkansas). The larger one is a little over 2" long. Any thoughts on type, age, or material?

IMG_3498.jpeg IMG_3501.jpeg

Upvote 6
Left one looks like a Hardaway idk if it is. Someone liked it enough to put it in a frame by the glue on the one side. Other looks familiar but I can’t think of the type right now. Both are nice points and look real to me.

You know I didn't even notice there was glue on it, but it sure looks like it in that photo, doesn't it? I'll have to take it out of the frame I put it in (no glue used) and see if there is, and if so try to soak it off in water.

OK I don't think there's actually any glue on it, despite it really looking like it in that photo. I think it's a reflection of the bright light above it. Here is the same side of the point without the bright light above it. I don't see any glue. Thank goodness. 8-)
IMG_3505.jpeg

Different color now. So which color is correct the dark one or the light one

Different color now. So which color is correct the dark one or the light one
It's the same point just different lighting. The only color change is from the amount of light hitting it. Which is correct depends on your point of view I guess. The brighter one was taken with a 50W halogen light right above it. The darker one was taken in normal room lighting. I guess I can take one outdoors in the sunlight tomorrow (sun is already going down now).

The 1st set of pictures they look like the type of material that I have
I actually have another point (looks like a Dickson, maybe) that looks like the same material. I'll get a picture of that in the sunlight tomorrow as well.

The one on the left looks like Reed Springs flint to me. One of my knapping buddies that lives in Ozark took me down there and we grabbed a bunch of it. Very nice material. I made this point from some of it. It varies from greenish to grayish. Some of the grey was splotchy like this one.
IMG_3144.jpeg

The one on the left looks like Reed Springs flint to me. One of my knapping buddies that lives in Ozark took me down there and we grabbed a bunch of it. Very nice material. I made this point from some of it. It varies from greenish to grayish. Some of the grey was splotchy like this one.View attachment 2125474
That's a beautiful point. Nice work!

Reeds Spring isn't that far from here, so that's a definite possibility.

Here are a couple of photos taken just now in the morning sun. Hopefully this shows the colors correctly.

IMG_3510.jpeg IMG_3509.jpeg

And here is that Dickson (?) point that I think is the same material.

IMG_3511.jpeg IMG_3512.jpeg

That's a beautiful point. Nice work!

Reeds Spring isn't that far from here, so that's a definite possibility.

Here are a couple of photos taken just now in the morning sun. Hopefully this shows the colors correctly.

View attachment 2125507 View attachment 2125508

And here is that Dickson (?) point that I think is the same material.

View attachment 2125506 View attachment 2125505
Looks like Kentucky material but could be something else. Very nice whenever it came from

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back