Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello again everyone!

On Monday night, I slept over Bob on Norma's house, seeing as I had no school on Tuesday. Since I was already there, Bob and I went detecting with our buddy, Dan. We headed to a field that produces mostly 1700s items. This is the field where I found my first half reale, my first Indian head penny, and what appears to be another first! It seems I get a first every time I go there! Unfortunately, I don't know what it is. It is very worn, but there is some detail remaining. I have never seen a coin like this, but I'm hoping that someone on here has. I have an unedited picture first, and a second, enhanced picture with the detail highlighted. Unfortunately I cannot get a good picture of if because I have to take it at an awkward angle to get the lighting right, and that is in the air, so my hands shake. I'll try again in the daylight. There is no good detail on the back (yet, something is trying to come through). I have it soaking in olive oil. Will take it out and rephotograph it in a week. Also, some other things I found were my second rein guide (found within 3 minutes, first find of the day), my first gas valve, a pencil sharpener cone (the rotating blades, again, a first) and some whatzits.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for potential leads/IDs!

-Anthony

(P.S. The coin is approximately 27.5 mm in diameter!)

Attachments

• CoinUnedited.jpg
    CoinUnedited.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 94
  • CoinHighlighed.jpg
    CoinHighlighed.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 101
Not sure if you'll not get anywhere with that one. When they are so poor it's hard to tell what is detail and what's corrosion and pitting.

PS: If it is detail that general outline could be a ship, which of course was something used on many old coins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back