94th Artillery Pin

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finally decided to get back into detecting again. Yesterday I picked up an Equinox 900 and today was my first hunt with it. I hunted an old house that supposedly predates the civil war and was supposed to have had some troops camp nearby. No luck on civil war relics as I'm definitely not the first to hunt the place. Of couse I dug a lot of trash because I'm not used to the new machine yet and found a few wheat pennies. Then I found this lapel pin with a threaded post.

Anyone seen one like it or know how-to date it?

Thank in advance.

Attachments

• 20231125_180814.jpg
    20231125_180814.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Upvote 9
So I finally decided to get back into detecting again. Yesterday I picked up an Equinox 900 and today was my first hunt with it. I hunted an old house that supposedly predates the civil war and was supposed to have had some troops camp nearby. No luck on civil war relics as I'm definitely not the first to hunt the place. Of couse I dug a lot of trash because I'm not used to the new machine yet and found a few wheat pennies. Then I found this lapel pin with a threaded post.

Anyone seen one like it or know how-to date it?

Thank in advance.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

The 94th artillery started in 1933, went through WW2 and Viet Nam and was no longer listed after 1986.
That's cool but what I can't figure out is how I found a WW1 era Type 1 insignia disc for a unit that supposedly didn't exist till 1933?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back