Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back to the school that my son found his first gold ever on Wednesday . We were hoping to find some more :icon_thumright: . We decided to hunt the middle of the two soccer fields hoping for the best . After 2 1/2 hours we had to get going home so I turned back toward Carson and waved at him to come on . As I moved toward him I got a sweet +92 at 1 inch . It was a sharp sounding target that I just knew was silver ! When I pulled back the plug and moved some dirt I saw silver ! It was a nice sized 925 silver ring with waves and turtles around it . It's #99 ring for the year :headbang:! We both did great on clad , Carson found $3.54 including his 2nd ever Kennedy half ( 1972 ) and I found $11.31 .
Now we are off to the Sierras for a Family trip . I have a couple of 100 + year old locations we will be hunting ! I"m hoping we find some good relics and coins!
HH
Glen

Attachments

• 100_0908.JPG
    100_0908.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • 100_0909.JPG
    100_0909.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0910.JPG
    100_0910.JPG
    475.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0911.JPG
    100_0911.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 6
Woo Hoo, great hunt Glen and Carson. So by Sierra, do you mean High Sierra or My neck of the woods? I'd be heartbroken if you came my way and didn't at least drop by for a handshake. :-)

Dan

You really are rockin the rings man ! What is the break down of gold , silver , and junkers - out of your 100 rings this year (99) ?

Woo Hoo, great hunt Glen and Carson. So by Sierra, do you mean High Sierra or My neck of the woods? I'd be heartbroken if you came my way and didn't at least drop by for a handshake. :-)

Dan

I can't say where but not close to you Dan . If I was heading your way I would let you know so we could get out and hunt my friend !
Glen

You really are rockin the rings man ! What is the break down of gold , silver , and junkers - out of your 100 rings this year (99) ?

Here is the break down for 2013
Gold 9
Silver 35
junk or plated 55

I can't say where but not close to you Dan . If I was heading your way I would let you know so we could get out and hunt my friend !
Glen

Glen, Yeah, I know you'd said so if you were coming my way. I have old school and a scout camp in the hills I can hunt and I wouldn't say a word where they are either, haven't been there yet, but it's on my list. I hope you and Carson have a great visit with family and some great hunts to boot. Waiting on the 100th ring post. :notworthy:

Dan

Glen have a great family vacation! I hope you and Carson have a great hunt over there. Looking forward to seeing the vacation hunt finds from you both :laughing7:

Hanker for a hunk of silver like that =D Silver drought is getting old here !

Glen have a great family vacation! I hope you and Carson have a great hunt over there. Looking forward to seeing the vacation hunt finds from you both :laughing7:

Hey Kevin good to here from you ! Did you see the post of Carson finding his first gold last week ? I'll be posting my Sierra finds tonight ! We did GREAT !
Glen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back