jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got there this morning most of the field was White yet, But just enough area to hunt.
the 3" of warmer then freezing Rain the other day Helped thaw the Ground
so digging was not a problem.
and by the time I was running out of grass snow was melting so it turned out OK

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0015.JPG

my Gas Rebate today possible 1970

DSCF0044.JPG

trash

DSCF0021.JPG

and for those keeping Score

W-W 20 GAUGE

DSCF0033.JPG

W. R. A. Co 30 ARMY

DSCF0036.JPG

MALLARD 12 S.P. & Co

DSCF0029.JPG

a Toasted Wheat

DSCF0019.JPG

fancy Thumb Tac

DSCF0037.JPGDSCF0040.JPG

and Aluminum theatre stage faces ring

DSCF0016.JPG

Upvote 7
Well i suppose if you can go out and hunt then i should be able to also...its 27 and windy 18-30 mph gusts but 3-6 inches of snow will be here thursday night into friday so i better get some swing time in today...

Well i suppose if you can go out and hunt then i should be able to also...its 27 and windy 18-30 mph gusts but 3-6 inches of snow will be here thursday night into friday so i better get some swing time in today...

was about 52 & Sunny when I left the house.
When I got to where I was going it was overcast
But shortly after the Sun caught up to me.
I left about the time I started feeling a Cool Breeze
right now it's 61 here , our high was 66 :headbang:

wont last though :(

heard a Few Flocks of Geese today too

Last edited:
was about 52 & Sunny when I left the house.
When I got to where I was going it was overcast
But shortly after the Sun caught up to me.
I left about the time I started feeling a Cool Breeze
right now it's 61 here , our high was 66 :headbang:

wont last though :(

heard a Few Focks of Geese today too
Sounds like your getting close to wild leek season and the morels

Hi Jeff, the Springville you are at, is that the Springville above Tunkhannock on 29?.....Joe

Love the 'Comedy & Tragedy' theater ring Jeff! :occasion14:
The old furniture tack is the most decorative example I've seen in a long time!

Dave

Hi Jeff, the Springville you are at, is that the Springville above Tunkhannock on 29?.....Joe

no much closer to me here in Schuylkill.

Name is also the 19th. Century Name for the town, not the present name :laughing7:
I always try to give the Former name when there is one.
Keeps people on their toes :laughing9:

Love the 'Comedy & Tragedy' theater ring Jeff! :occasion14:
The old furniture tack is the most decorative example I've seen in a long time!

Dave

Thanks Dave ! It's been Bugging me :laughing7:
I knew this type of tack was familiar to me.
but could not place it.
& I actually have Kitchen chairs with similar, but as you said not decorative

Back in my heavy fly fishing days I spent a lot of days fishing the east branch of the Schuykill river. Beautiful brook trout with a brown or rainbow now and then.

Nice finds, congrats on getting out MD'ing!
Get a little panning in along the way?

Nice to see that you were able to get out and swing the cob webs off of your machine..

Thanks Jeff,

I am not a detector but a house clean-out guy, am doing one this Saturday. I have often thought that if a detector could find the dump for the Glen Summit Hotel they could do very well. It burned down in the early 1900's and was never rebuilt. As they say locally, if it went to the mountain, it never came down.
Hope this helps you in your endeavors. I was lucky enough to sell off the estate of Dr. Sam Buckman on Glen Summit and the artifacts went back to the Civil War and even earlier. Best wishes.....Joe McDonough

Thanks Jeff,

I am not a detector but a house clean-out guy, am doing one this Saturday. I have often thought that if a detector could find the dump for the Glen Summit Hotel they could do very well. It burned down in the early 1900's and was never rebuilt. As they say locally, if it went to the mountain, it never came down.
Hope this helps you in your endeavors. I was lucky enough to sell off the estate of Dr. Sam Buckman on Glen Summit and the artifacts went back to the Civil War and even earlier. Best wishes.....Joe McDonough

yes old Bottle dumps would be interesting

Actually, silverware,china,bottles etc.plus metal work etc. It all has to be somewhere.....Joe

Glad to see someone is out getting in some swing time!
I have a new coil for my T2 I am anxious to try out.
Hopefully I will get a little break soon to get out for a while.

Thanks Jeff, I hope my Information helps all detectors in the area, as I said I am a dumpster diver(House cleanout) guy. I have been fortunate and wish to pass my good fortune to others, best wishes.....Joe

"fancy thumb tack" I might suggest a furniture tack ? Not that I know for sure, but is a logical suggestion.

Why only 90 minutes...under a time constraint ?

Can't hardly wait till my ground thaws, what a gosh darn winter this has been, for a few years in a row I was already digging weeks ago...

Good Luck Out There.

"fancy thumb tack" I might suggest a furniture tack ? Not that I know for sure, but is a logical suggestion.

Why only 90 minutes...under a time constraint ?

Can't hardly wait till my ground thaws, what a gosh darn winter this has been, for a few years in a row I was already digging weeks ago...

Good Luck Out There.

I don't know why I quit early ?
I thought the same thing after I was home :unhappysmiley:

I was feeling fairly good.

Boredom Maybe or just not wanting to push things first day out :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back