9 Silver Day!! Found My 400th Silver Coin This Year!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a most memorable one for me. I was completely shocked at the outcome. I was approaching a new milestone of 400 silver coins for the year (391), and figured it would take me at least another week to get there, but I had no idea I would make it yesterday. I dreamt about it, but in reality, the two areas that I was detecting at were low producers for me in my past hunts (1 merc at each park), and were both worked numerous times by Minelab detectors. I was up for the challenge. Within minutes of arriving, I found my first merc at 7.5". Within a few hours, I had 4 mercs. I was so surprised. I had never found this many silvers at this park before. After breaking for lunch, I got back out there, and the silver kept coming. This time, I dug 2 Rosies. Then another Merc. Could this be true? Was I still dreaming? I re-counted my silvers(7) and wheats(19). Mike(ratman), I wish you could have been there with me yesterday. Now that I was just 2 away from #400, I didn't want to go home yet. I still had a couple more hours left to hunt, and decided to head over to Griffith Park to an area I've pulled silver before. I had worked this particular area with my Platypus and X8 coils, but never the Exp. II coil. Within minutes, I dug a merc at 8.5", then finished off my day with a 43S War Nickel and a marble in the same hole to reach the milestone. Next milestone??? It's 500, which is my year-end goal.

I ended the day with 9 silver and 21 wheaties. All coins were found with my Exp. II coil on my SE. Anyone want a stock SE coil?? ;D

The second pic is my wilver(well, I had to say it once for Kirk(PA)) finds for this week(minus 88 wheaties), along with my 58th, 59th, and 60th piece of silver jewelry this year.

Hey, Kirk(PA), "Minelabs rock, Dude!!" ;D

Thanks for looking.
HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1382 (1500 x 1125) (550 x 570).jpg
    IMG_1382 (1500 x 1125) (550 x 570).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1384 (1500 x 1125) (750 x 595).jpg
    IMG_1384 (1500 x 1125) (750 x 595).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,173
Upvote 0
Pulltab4Life said:
I've been kind of reading Capt posts in secret but I have got to say this is getting ridiculous. 400 silver pieces in 7 months? That is amazing.

This is real good publicity for Minelab especially the SE is not what it's made to be.
I agree that the II coil works much better than the SE coil. How do I know? I own both machines.

My best day ever totalled 4 silvers. Today, you will be lucky if you still find silver coins because lots of MDists own superior machines.

Thanks, Pulltab4Life!!! I think there are a lot of forumites secretly reading mine and others' posts. How do you think we all learn so much. Everyone who detects would love to dig up old coins each time they go out hunting. I have about 5 other md'ing buddies where I live who all own Minelabs. Together here in S. CA, we have found close to 900 silver coins this year. I'm sure we won't get near as much next year, unless someone comes out with a detector that can easily detect a dime at a foot or more. But then, I'm not sure I want to be digging 12-14" holes each time I go out. 7-9" is enough for me... ;D 4 Silvers in one day?? I thought Michigan is just loaded with old coinage. I would love to hit a few parks over there. ::)

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

KirkPA said:
My best day is 4 old coppas. hahaha

4 coppas is not a good day; that is an awesome day for sure. I'd love to go out to your sites to find some wilvers at 8-10" with my Minelab.....hahhaaa

CAPTN
Dan

Congratulations Captn!

You're charming those silver coins out of the dirt with that Explorer!

Way to go! On to 600!

Ridley

Captn_SE said:
KirkPA said:
My best day is 4 old coppas. hahaha

4 coppas is not a good day; that is an awesome day for sure. I'd love to go out to your sites to find some wilvers at 8-10" with my Minelab.....hahhaaa

CAPTN
Dan

We pick up the coppas at 7-10". So, it is hunted! hahaha

Unbelievable......I could never think "400" in a year.Congratulation's!!

suzyqdogs said:
Very nice finds! I absolutely LOVE the lantern (is that what it is?)

HH

SuziQdogs, that's exactly what it is. After finding it, I clipped it to my Dakota time piece given to me by Minelab. My good luck has increased ever since.

Thanks everyone for your posts. You too, Kirk!!!! 500 Wilver next!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1398 (700 x 525).jpg
    IMG_1398 (700 x 525).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 608
Outstanding Captn !!
but ya better be lookin over your shoulder cause I'm closin in on
ya !!! I already got 3 silver this year and its only August ;)

PS "Halfdime" has the funniest avatar I've seen , it cracks me up
everytime I see it ;D ;D

Hello Captain!
Way to go buddy! I've got an 8 inch coil designed for the Exp.2 (I think) and it's a winner for sure.
Did I tell you I'm the proud Poppa of two SEs now? :)

Keep digging that silver!
GRB

GoldenRoyBoy said:
Hello Captain!
Way to go buddy! I've got an 8 inch coil designed for the Exp.2 (I think) and it's a winner for sure.
Did I tell you I'm the proud Poppa of two SEs now? :)

Keep digging that silver!
GRB

GRB, I think you're buying new detectors just about as fast as I'm finding silver. Two SE's??? What are you thinking of doing?? Swinging two Minelabs at one time? ;D :D Let's start seeing some goodies my friend.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captain Dan!
Yes, for sure; one for each hand! :)

Back years ago I thoroughly enjoyed the sport of bass fishing. Have you ever fished seriously? I owned no less than, oh well, no need to go there. All I'll say is MD'ing is a whole lot less expensive. I like having two rigs ready to go with two different size coils and riggings. For sure, I'm one extravagant Dude but where else can you spend good money? Lol!

Speaking of finds, they're still coming. I'd rather spend my time hunting instead of showing and telling. Lessons come hard my friend.

Best to you,
GRB

Captn Dan,
Fantastic job on the wilver coins and rings!!! Is that small lantern looking piece an earring?
Congrats,
MM

ModernMiner said:
Captn Dan,
Fantastic job on the wilver coins and rings!!! Is that small lantern looking piece an earring?
Congrats,
MM

Hey, MM, thanks for bringing my old post back to the top.... ;D ;D

I'm approaching 500 now. Just 7 more to go, bud. I don't think the small lantern was an earring. I looks like something that was attached to a key chain. Pretty cool. It was marked sterling on the bottom.

Thanks again,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn_SE said:
ModernMiner said:
Captn Dan,
Congrats,
MM

Hey, MM, thanks for bringing my old post back to the top.... ;D ;D

I'm approaching 500 now. Just 7 more to go, bud. I don't think the small lantern was an earring. I looks like something that was attached to a key chain. Pretty cool. It was marked sterling on the bottom.

Thanks again,
CAPTN SE
Dan

No problem. Sorry I missed it the first time. 500 is just around the corner! That lantern is very cool.
-MM-

Since this thread popped back up, I'd like to thank you, Captn for all your great advice again!

You've been a big help to me and many others on this forum.

I'd also like to state that I enjoy your presentation (photos) of your finds as well. ;)

Only 7 silvers to go! HH !

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back