9 Silver Day!! Found My 400th Silver Coin This Year!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a most memorable one for me. I was completely shocked at the outcome. I was approaching a new milestone of 400 silver coins for the year (391), and figured it would take me at least another week to get there, but I had no idea I would make it yesterday. I dreamt about it, but in reality, the two areas that I was detecting at were low producers for me in my past hunts (1 merc at each park), and were both worked numerous times by Minelab detectors. I was up for the challenge. Within minutes of arriving, I found my first merc at 7.5". Within a few hours, I had 4 mercs. I was so surprised. I had never found this many silvers at this park before. After breaking for lunch, I got back out there, and the silver kept coming. This time, I dug 2 Rosies. Then another Merc. Could this be true? Was I still dreaming? I re-counted my silvers(7) and wheats(19). Mike(ratman), I wish you could have been there with me yesterday. Now that I was just 2 away from #400, I didn't want to go home yet. I still had a couple more hours left to hunt, and decided to head over to Griffith Park to an area I've pulled silver before. I had worked this particular area with my Platypus and X8 coils, but never the Exp. II coil. Within minutes, I dug a merc at 8.5", then finished off my day with a 43S War Nickel and a marble in the same hole to reach the milestone. Next milestone??? It's 500, which is my year-end goal.

I ended the day with 9 silver and 21 wheaties. All coins were found with my Exp. II coil on my SE. Anyone want a stock SE coil?? ;D

The second pic is my wilver(well, I had to say it once for Kirk(PA)) finds for this week(minus 88 wheaties), along with my 58th, 59th, and 60th piece of silver jewelry this year.

Hey, Kirk(PA), "Minelabs rock, Dude!!" ;D

Thanks for looking.
HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1382 (1500 x 1125) (550 x 570).jpg
    IMG_1382 (1500 x 1125) (550 x 570).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_1384 (1500 x 1125) (750 x 595).jpg
    IMG_1384 (1500 x 1125) (750 x 595).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,173
Upvote 0
Great finds, wish I could find that much silver in a Month.

Great job on reaching that goal. You really worked for that one, and I hope they keep coming for ya!

That's exactly why I haven't swung my stock coil in 6 months. I Swing every coil but the stock one.
Nice load there Captn_SE. Looks like you pounded the area well. Keep the silver popping out of the ground.

KirkPA said:
Oooookay, I can say that you ROCK, dude! What a haul, buddy!

No coppas, buddy? hahaha

Go get 500 now! :o

Kirk, we don't have coppas down here in S. CA, other than a few stray Large Cents. That's one thing I wish I could find. The oldest finds here in CA are reales, which are mostly limited to mission sites.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nice! That makes you the first since Ted Williams in 1941 to hit 400 in one season ;D. At this rate, is 600 out of the question?

halfdime said:
Nice! That makes you the first since Ted Williams in 1941 to hit 400 in one season ;D. At this rate, is 600 out of the question?

Halfdime, I'm thinking 600 will not be attainable, unless I find a productive lot or newly scraped place that holds a good amount of silver in it. I also will have to return back to work soon, which will drop my detecting time down tremendously. But, hey, I've been saying this for the past few months. I wish I could get paid to detect.... ;D

Thanks,

CAPTN SE
Dan

What can you say...

Minelab Rules!!! Congrats on getting #400 and actually if your luck continues 550 could be reached, but 500 might be hard enough!!

You sure you ain't got your own silver mine there? Which part of the park are you hunting? I live in Oklahoma now, yes, I know, don't ask me why! I know your area well though, I grew up there.
HH and wishing more silver your way.

Desertfox

Not bad... soon you'll have a set.I had buy my dime collection.

Amazing week and season you have had Captn!!
Congrats! Keep em coming and keep sharing, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back