7-year-old Oklahoma boy finds hidden treasures buried in yard

Taliman

Mar 17, 2014
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saw this on an Oklahoma news station and thought I'd pass it along.
7-year-old Oklahoma boy finds hidden treasures buried in yard

LONE GROVE, Okla. — A young Oklahoma boy and his grandfather made the discovery of a lifetime while looking for hidden treasures.

On Tuesday, Tripp and his grandfather set out to use their new metal detector to find little knick-knacks on their property in Lone Grove.

After searching for hours, the detector found something strange.

Read More with video:[URL="http://kfor.com/2018/05/24/7-year-old-oklahoma-boy-finds-hidden-treasures-buried-in-yard/[/URL]

Great story and something that young boy will never forget.
I think kids need clean hobbies and less TV. There is no better way to inspire a child as getting them hooked on dreams of treasure.

Just goes to show ya, you just never know whats in the ground.

Somebody will be around shortly to try and take it away from them, what usually happens anyway.
usually just out of spite, or jealousy.

Nice finds for sure.

Did anyone else wince when he pick axed the park? Pretty sure that "plug" is going to die, lol.

What an awesome feel-good story! That will definitely affect that boy in a positive way for the rest of his life, not just financially, but I'm sure he is forever hooked on the hobby and will most likely pass it down to his kids. And Kudos to gramps for getting him out! I can't see anyone coming to confiscate his cache, I think they're safe. Thanks for sharing, Ddf.

When asked by friends/family what would I do if I found a significant treasure this is my answer: My kid found it. Of course, I'd have to rebury what ever it is that I find then point my kid in the right direction to make sure he rediscovers it, celebrate like a freaking maniac to convince my kid that he found it. Take pictures of me crying beside my kid with said treasure. Anything to make it harder for someone to take it.....lol

When asked by friends/family what would I do if I found a significant treasure this is my answer: My kid found it. Of course, I'd have to rebury what ever it is that I find then point my kid in the right direction to make sure he rediscovers it, celebrate like a freaking maniac to convince my kid that he found it. Take pictures of me crying beside my kid with said treasure. Anything to make it harder for someone to take it.....lol

Yes! I never thought of that, great idea! Though there are some real money grubbin' people out there who'd have no trouble taking the proverbial "candy from a baby". But they'd have to go thru Dad first...lol. Ddf

That's amazing to find! Couldn't the kid make an account and post his find so it could be a proud banner on TNET ;)

cool story. No telling what all he could find if someone taught him how to use his detector correctly and keep the coil parallel to the ground

From the looks of the modern "wal-mart special" glass storage jar and its fresh wire bail, my money is on it being planted by the grandfather as a wonderful gift/experience for the grandson.

Nice finds for sure.

Did anyone else wince when he pick axed the park? Pretty sure that "plug" is going to die, lol.

supposed to by his grandpas yard.. or they could have went to one for a public shot....

the one coin I could see well enough looked to be nothing special, and the jewelry mostly costume, but they did make pickle jars like that way back when...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back