7 hours of heat...lots of keepers and some silver.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading and looking at it for months. Looks like a great place with lots of friendly hunters...regardless of what brand everyone swings...just like it should be. These came in about 7 hours of hunting and after lots of gatorade. Lots of wheaties. Finally found a Barber dime other than a 1914. The last three found have all been that same date. This one is a 1904. Also found a 1900 Indian cent which is in nasty shape. For some reason all the indian cents I have been finding are corroded...no matter what site I find them at. Happy Hunting

Attachments

• coins11.jpg
    coins11.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 556
  • coins12.jpg
    coins12.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 553
  • coins13.jpg
    coins13.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0
Fantastic and you started to post at a good time...welcome to an inspiring forum! :)

Welcome to the post and some great finds there. ;D ;D
keep the pictures coming. Happy swinging.

Nice job finding the oldies, silverfreak. Those are my kind of finds!!!
Funny, someone on another forum posted about finding consecutive same date barber dimes, and was hoping his next one was going to be a different date.
Was that you?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Captn_SE said:
Funny, someone on another forum posted about finding consecutive same date barber dimes, and was hoping his next one was going to be a different date.
Was that you?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Hi Dan.
That probably was me. I believe the last 3 or 4 barbers I found have been 1914. This is my first post on this forum. It seems like a great site. I haven't tried the platypus coil. Does it give pretty good depth? I don't ever use my stock coil as it falses too much for me.

silverfreak said:
Captn_SE said:
Was that you?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Hi Dan.
That probably was me. I believe the last 3 or 4 barbers I found have been 1914. This is my first post on this forum. It seems like a great site. I haven't tried the platypus coil. Does it give pretty good depth? I don't ever use my stock coil as it falses too much for me.

Silverfreak, the platypus coil was definitely a step up from the stock SE coil. The stock Exp. II (1050) coil is just as deep as the platypus, and a little easier to swing. If I had a choice between the two coils, I would get the Exp. II (1050) coil. It's a winner.

CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back