dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well our vacation is over. Even though we are locals it's nice to get away to the beach. This year we picked CWB for detecting purposes. Wasn't really sure what to expect staying on that beach just because all the crazy stuff I see go on there while detecting in the last year. But it was awesome, the Hilton was fantastic, the weather was perfect but hot. The 4th O July fireworks were great. All around great time. I only hunted a couple hours each day so I could spend time with my wife. We celebrated our 30th while we were there.

The hunting was frustrating at times mainly because of all the crusty pennies that TS Debby dredged up. I really really wanted to find gold. I haven't found gold in 6 weeks and was starting to think something was wrong with the CZ21. I heard of a few gold rings being found while I was there but they eluded me. However I did find an 11.06 gram Platinum wedding band while made everything feel better. I guess if the CZ21 can find Platinum, it'll find gold too LOL.

Total count for the week:
1 Platinum ring
2 Silver rings
1 Tungsten weeding band
1 Stainless ring
1 junker ring
1 Silver bracelet
101 pennies
18 nickels
50 dimes
39 quarters

and a host of other assorted stuff. I saw and talked to many of the guys who hunt this beach. Kind of a unique perspective to stay a the beach that is so widely hunted.
DC

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

Upvote 6
Well done, congratulation!!

That's a huge platinum beauty!!! WTG! :headbang:

CZ is a good machine, also a deep machine,.....I like/trust it well enough that it's all I've been using lately. Looks like you had a very nice 8 days. Congrats on the Plat! :icon_thumleft:

Glad you enjoyed your vacation...that plat is icing on the cake.

PLAT IS ALWAYS NICE - as long as you had a good time - all that matters

Happy 30th anniversary and congrats on the pile of loot. :icon_thumleft:

Its always nice to find platinum,looks to me like you had a great VK.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Happy anniversary, dc426! I wish you and your wife many more years of happiness!

You did well on your vacation....love that Platinum ring, and that clad count is impressive!

Lorraine

Congratulations on the platinum and other great finds, you did really well on those hunts! Hope you had a great anniversary as well!

The hunting was frustrating at times mainly because of all the crusty pennies that TS Debby dredged up. I really really wanted to find gold. I haven't found gold in 6 weeks and was starting to think something was wrong with the CZ21. I heard of a few gold rings being found while I was there but they eluded me. However I did find an 11.06 gram Platinum wedding band while made everything feel better. I guess if the CZ21 can find Platinum, it'll find gold too LOL.
Funny thing about treasure hunting is you can never predict what or how things turn up, in 30 + years of hunting I have found hundreds of rings. Toy rings, earings, costume jewelry, copper rings, silver rings, and probably 40-50 gold rings
and .... wait for it... 0 zero... PLATINUM Rings...
what are the odds ? Metal detecting is CRAZY and that's why I love it...

Well our vacation is over. Even though we are locals it's nice to get away to the beach. This year we picked CWB for detecting purposes. Wasn't really sure what to expect staying on that beach just because all the crazy stuff I see go on there while detecting in the last year. But it was awesome, the Hilton was fantastic, the weather was perfect but hot. The 4th O July fireworks were great. All around great time. I only hunted a couple hours each day so I could spend time with my wife. We celebrated our 30th while we were there.

Total count for the week:
1 Platinum ring
2 Silver rings
1 Tungsten weeding band
1 Stainless ring
1 junker ring
1 Silver bracelet
101 pennies
18 nickels
50 dimes
39 quarters

and a host of other assorted stuff. I saw and talked to many of the guys who hunt this beach. Kind of a unique perspective to stay a the beach that is so widely hunted.
DC

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

I've found more than 100 gold rings in my time, but never a platinum ring.. gladly trade my gold for your platinum any day...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back