5 silver in 2 day hunt

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2daysofhunting3_17_09.jpg

Yesterday and today I got out and found these..Also found a watch ,and about $5 in Clad for both days.Used my E-Trac & Ran the standard Coins pogram,and upped the Gain to 27 ....Auto sens stayed about 15-16 all day,but found the goodies 6"-8" down.......Clad at "- 5".

Very Nice silver Dave! You're off to a running start for the year. :thumbsup:

Bag 'em and tag 'em Dave! Congrats on some awexome hunting! Definitely diggin' the SLQ and the barber dime ;-) And that MERC looks like it was minted yesterday?? Does it have full split bands on the reverse?

If your auto was running that low, you must have been in some heavy trash or some bad EMI. I found that if you switch to manual and turn it up a little past what auto was keeping it around, it will give you a good inch or two more of depth. If you can turn it up even further (sometimes it gets a little noisy... but not too much to be annoying) you can get even more depth. I have to keep playing with this, but that's been my experience in my coin garden and in the field.

Welcome back! You, Goio, Tman, and I need to hit some of those parks again. I might be coming down that way on Saturday to pick up some goodies from Ron... might be able to make it to an afternoon hunt out there. I'm also considering somewhere in TreasureFiend and Twistidd's neck of the honeyhole woods too ;-)

That's a great mix of silver. Always impressed by the E-Trac capabilites!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back