5 ID

All I can say is just crank that sensitivity up as far as it can go with it still being stable and go to town with it...........Once you dig a few trash targets and see how the cursor is bouncing around a bit you will usually begin to tell how your detector reacts to trashy targets. Keep your discriminator down as low as possible and dig all good repeatable target signals..............The classic 5 is a good machine even though it does not have all of the bells and whistles. I find the classic series to be one of the best beginner machines ever made(some people may not think like I do) but that is how I feel, Tim

First, welcome to the forum and hope you have fun here.

As Tim said, the Classic 5 is a good detector for the money and will do all that some of the big boys can do when you learn the detector. Depending on the area and the amount of electrical interference where your hunting, you may not be able to run with as much sens. as someone a county over, but you just need to turn down the sens to better hunt your area.

If there is one tip that will get you the most from your detector it is to not use it like a grass whip and over lap the sweeps by at least 50%. The field down at the bottom of the coil is small, like maybe only 2" so by not overlapping you are missing almost a foot of ground and going by chance that you'll get the coil over some coin that is shallow.

Attachments

• Concentric Coils.jpg
    Concentric Coils.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Concentric Coils.jpg
    Concentric Coils.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 169
welcome to t net Owned a prism 2 And just recently got the IV . great line from whites. Put alot of time in with it and you will do fine .Read alot of post here they will help . time on your detector is the only thing that will help you understand your detector and what it can do 2nd day out with my priz IV I found 110 coins The piz line is a great bunch of detectors R ead these posts they will educate you for real . I have 7+ yrs on :coffee2:the priz 2 and about 4 days on the 4 . same detectors just more bells & Improvement as they go up in # . stay in this whites section and read back posts about the priz series that will get you ahead of the game .ROB

I have an IDX Pro and I always set it on the last ring range and dig up solid nickle hits. Meaning that when it stays on nickle and does not shift. Good chance it is a nickle or possible gold or the dreaded pulltab. For me lately its been the 5 cent. Check out my nickle hit from yesterday.

Pokerdad

Attachments

• Pic-0147[1].jpg
    Pic-0147[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Pic-0147[1].jpg
    Pic-0147[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 158

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back