5/12/05 old church Finds!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Founds these 2 under what used to be the steps of an old wooden church!!

They're doing a complete remodel to the exterior of the church (built in 1854)! They've got 1/2 the yard torn up, and both sets of steps torn off, etc.

Got permission to hunt while they're doing the work, and after hrs. until the job is complete, and until the new sod is installed!

These were approx. 8 or 9 inches deep. (Seated dime, and Shield nickel)!

I'm going back in about 2 hrs after all the workers are gone for the day to see what else I can find!

I did find some clad but threw it in the change jar, and also some broken iron objects, what its, etc. w/o taking a pic (not important anyway)!

Will report back with any & all new/good finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• opopop.jpg
    opopop.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
if you get the chance talk to the pastor. see if he covers more than one church. maybe you'll get permission to detect the other churches awesome finds and hh

Sweet, good finds I need to check for construction, demo and sidewalk repair sites.

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 292
Nice coins Lonewolf! I love em both, but something about a Shield Nickle is just sooooo cool! Great job, hope you find some more!! HH!

Nice finds LW, I really like the 5 cent piece! HH, Mike

Thanks everyone,

heading out again now,

can't wait to see what else I can find, the guys should be done working for the day out there!

Free-- I believe it is the oldest shield nickel - it sounded just about like garbage, and I almost didn't dig it but, experience told me not to pass it by!

It's only 1 of 7 I've found in 20 yrs detecting and the only one with rays!

HH

Lonewolfe

killer finds lonewolf! cant wait to see what else you come up with!

MMMMARVELOUS!!! Fantastic coins!! Nice work lonewolfe!!! Can't wait to see what else you recover from that great site.

Jeff

sounds like you got a great site. work it .great job!

OUTSTANDING!! Keep us posted I would love to know what you pull out of that place!

:) Cool Finds!

Attachments

• stickman_shoveling.gif
    stickman_shoveling.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 293
  • stickman_shoveling.gif
    stickman_shoveling.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 204
I would be so excited ,I probably couldn't think of much else for weeks...........It's thes kinds of finds that you could come back 10 years from now and point to the excact spot where you found them....Am I right ? Congrats.......Very well done I am happy 4 you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back