4 Random artifacts, ID help please

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
These items are from my collection that I found months ago, but couldn't take a manual focus picture until now, and so IDing should be easier.

The bullet is long about the same exact length of the pinky finger. Was found in one piece, but the head is sightly damaged and you can take the head off and there is some black powder inside. What kind is this? which era or type of gun?

The ring is 10k Gold made by Magic Glo? I took it to the jeweler and she said it is a Ruby and is a real one, and she believes the crystals are real diamonds but they are too small for her to test. It's in 100% perfect shape like brand new, was found on a beach. Any idea what style it is? price its worth? anything?

The charm is sterling silver and seems to be a carebear. I don't understand what all the random lettering is after the 925. But hoping someone can tell me something about it.

The coin is Egypt I recall, being ID'd before, but the picture was bad and hard to see. So maybe someone can ID this a little better now? Date range? from where? for what?

Thanks to all for any help.

Attachments

• bullet1.jpg
    bullet1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 721
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 707
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 691
  • ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 713
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 720
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 737
  • charm2.jpg
    charm2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 709
  • charm1.jpg
    charm1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 704
  • bullet3.jpg
    bullet3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 660
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 732
military terms --round and cartridge --means intact shell unfired --military folks in the feild never say cartridge they say rounds --as in how many rounds you got left?--- the ammo boxes are however stamped 5.56 cartridges or such to id them from one another, so for ordering ammo you gotta use the right terms on the order chit or you get M 14 (7.62) ammo for your M 16 (5.56) -- big boo boo

cartridge is for small arms -- round normally used for bigger weapons --say 20 mm cannon but can also be used for small arm "talk" in the feild -- as in---- how many rounds you got left in that magazine?

Upvote 0
A revolver, not to be confused with a pistol, a handgun that is not a revolver. :D M :wink: nty

Upvote 0
a 38 caliber "revolver" type pistol --- commonly known as a "six shooter" most likely --- one shot at a time for six shots

Upvote 0
Not a Gatling gun cartridge. Unless the old-timer's disease is acting up again, the Gatling cartridge was a rim-fire and had no headstamp.

Daryl

Attachments

• Gatling.jpg
    Gatling.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Not a Gatling gun cartridge. Unless the old-timer's disease is acting up again, the Gatling cartridge was a rim-fire and had no headstamp.

Daryl

Gatling guns fired both 45 and 50 caliber cartridges, which were either 45-70 or 50-110, and these were center fire ammunition. The 45-70 were the same rifle rounds used for 73 Springfield rifle. Very early 45-70's didn't have a head stamp, and were inside primed, the primer held in by a crimp in the case just above the rim.

Attachments

• 45-70008.jpg
    45-70008.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back