4 Random artifacts, ID help please

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
These items are from my collection that I found months ago, but couldn't take a manual focus picture until now, and so IDing should be easier.

The bullet is long about the same exact length of the pinky finger. Was found in one piece, but the head is sightly damaged and you can take the head off and there is some black powder inside. What kind is this? which era or type of gun?

The ring is 10k Gold made by Magic Glo? I took it to the jeweler and she said it is a Ruby and is a real one, and she believes the crystals are real diamonds but they are too small for her to test. It's in 100% perfect shape like brand new, was found on a beach. Any idea what style it is? price its worth? anything?

The charm is sterling silver and seems to be a carebear. I don't understand what all the random lettering is after the 925. But hoping someone can tell me something about it.

The coin is Egypt I recall, being ID'd before, but the picture was bad and hard to see. So maybe someone can ID this a little better now? Date range? from where? for what?

Thanks to all for any help.

Attachments

• bullet1.jpg
    bullet1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 721
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 707
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 691
  • ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 713
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 720
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 737
  • charm2.jpg
    charm2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 709
  • charm1.jpg
    charm1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 704
  • bullet3.jpg
    bullet3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 660
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 732
CATFISHJK1 said:
Bullet is Remington Peters 38 special. Introduced in 1899 and still used today.

Thank you that is helpful. It was roughly 4 - 5 inches down, so I can assume it's not over 40 years old. But that field is plowed once in a awhile, so there is a chance it could be older and brought to the top.

Upvote 0
the coin is eygptian (eagle of saladin) about 1970 I do believe -- r p is a older head stamp first used in the 1930's but is still used and stands for remington peters ---925 bear is sterling silver "care bear" makers letters (jcm) copyright mark and owner of trade rights letters -- the ring is what it is -- worth between as little as you will take for it --or as much someone will offer for it :wink:

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
925 bear is sterling silver "care bear" makers letters (jcm) copyright mark and owner of trade rights letters

Ivan is correct...that jewelry piece is a CARE BEAR. This one is CHEER BEAR. The symbol on it's belly is a rainbow. My daughter was into Care Bears. I still have all her stuff relating to them and all VCR tapes. If it wasn't Rainbow Brite...it was Care Bears!
Annmarie

Upvote 0
The coin is a United Arab Republic (Egyptian) 10 piastres, dated AH 1387 (1967).
165548841_tp.jpg165548848_tp.jpg

Upvote 0
I stand corrected. I read the coin as showing a date of 1287, not 1387; the Islamic two and the three are quite similar. The date on PBK's coin shows a more obvious "3", therefore, I agree, the 1967 is the correct date. BTW, here's a simple formula to convert Islamic dates to 'our' dates. Islamic date times .97 then add 622.
Thanks for the post PBK.
Don..

Upvote 0
the arabic republic was a joint egypt and syria project --see the two "stars" on the eagle of saladin"--due to control issues the "country" did not get going properly and died off --the coin while not big bucks is historical due to that fact .

Upvote 0
The cartridge (not a bullet) is a .38 Special. The bullet it the lead object on the nose of the cartridge. It is fairly contemporary and is still in wide use today. Monty

Upvote 0
Monty said:
The cartridge (not a bullet) is a .38 Special. The bullet it the lead object on the nose of the cartridge. It is fairly contemporary and is still in wide use today. Monty

Are you saying they aren't suppose to be together as one piece?

Upvote 0
--- a whole intact unfired one is called a "cartridge"-- once loaded in a gun --and the "primer" is struck it causes a tiny spark of fire which makes the gunpowder in the "casing" burn the expanding gases force the "projectile" from the casing and down the barrel towards it target-- a empty fired body of one is called a casing

Upvote 0
since theres no ding in the "primer" in the center of the head -- a dropped lost intact cartridge most likely --- if you see a ding in the primer it would mean a misfire or dud.==if so handle very carefully . pull the lead and dump the powder out -- most likely due to age and the fact the shells corroded and dampness got to the powder its most likely safe ( the gunpowder and primers are ruined by dampness) but never hurts to dump the powder out .

bullet is the common slang term used for the "projectile" part once fired from a gun -- not the whole thing like you found -- cartridge or round would be the more proper term for it . although some folk do incorrectly refer to them as bullets -- :wink: -- now you know a bit about the subject

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back