4" Jet Pump Design

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I designed this 4" jet pump and wanted to see if anyone saw any issues or had any feedback?

The four jets have an npt thread to allow testing different constriction diameters.

The inlet area has a male thread at the end to attach a valve for a hose.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 10.06.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 10.06.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 10.05.39 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 10.09.10 AM.png

Rather than having your inlet water going into the chamber as shown , you need to angle the inlet line into the chamber at a angle (45 degrees or so ) this will force the water inside of the chamber to spin around inside of your 4 inch line to help prevent any plug ups AND it would keep bulging or blowing out the side of your ( metal ) tube if you use metal for you inductor tube. John "Hoser" Oates posted that years back ! God Rest his soul ! It has been said that PVC parts won't last very long......................................I had a Dave Franks 4 inch system for quit a few years with NO PROBLEM !

Rather than having your inlet water going into the chamber as shown , you need to angle the inlet line into the chamber at a angle (45 degrees or so ) this will force the water inside of the chamber to spin around inside of your 4 inch line to help prevent any plug ups AND it would keep bulging or blowing out the side of your ( metal ) tube if you use metal for you inductor tube. John "Hoser" Oates posted that years back ! God Rest his soul ! It has been said that PVC parts won't last very long......................................I had a Dave Franks 4 inch system for quit a few years with NO PROBLEM !

I could see that improving the performance. I'll have it printed using nylon, which is very strong and durable.

Nylon is soft.................. UHMW is 7 times more durable than steel and self lubricating and very machinable ! I've used it on many items on my 4 inch dredge and at home for certain items.

Nylon is soft.................. UHMW is 7 times more durable than steel and self lubricating and very machinable ! I've used it on many items on my 4 inch dredge and at home for certain items.

Cool i've never heard of UHMW, will look into it. This nylon is called nylon pa12, its much tougher. I've tried sanding it by hand and eventually gave up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back