4,000 years in the making...a new obsession!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve recently developed an interest in native artefacts such as arrowheads, stone tools, beads and anything related to ancient cultures. There is a field near where I live that I heard arrowheads had been found in. It is a corn field and has just recently been cut but not ploughed. As soon as it’s ploughed I will be on there like a dirty shirt. While waiting for the arrowhead field to be ploughed I decided to check out some fields near the arrowhead field. I took a walk around one of these fields last week and found what I thought was a quartz scraper. I didn’t want to post it until I confirmed that it was in fact a scraper.

Today I went back to this same field and after hunting for a while came upon another guy who was also hunting. He had been hunting this area for a while and quite a substantial collection of artefacts. I pumped him for information and showed him what I had found as well as a couple pieces I had just found this morning. He confirmed that it was in fact a quartz scraper or a broken point. I showed him the other two things that I had found this morning and he stated that they were an archaic era quartzite stone knife and an archaic era quartz arrowhead. The arrowhead is near complete with just the very tip and a small piece of the stubby bottom missing. I was thrilled to say the least. This is the first time that I have actually tried to find native artefacts and came out with a stone knife, a scraper and an arrowhead. Another new hobby to go with metal detecting.

Attachments

• artefacts.JPG
    artefacts.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 460
  • scraper.JPG
    scraper.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 446
  • stone knife.JPG
    stone knife.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 451
  • arrowhead.JPG
    arrowhead.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0
KirkPA said:
Damn, too bad those Injuns didn't carry coppas. :D

Awesome artifacts, buddy.

The later natives would have carried copper...much later...trade silver too. I'm going to hit these fields with the MD at some point as well.

romeo-1 said:
KirkPA said:
Damn, too bad those Injuns didn't carry coppas. :D

Awesome artifacts, buddy.
The later natives would have carried copper...much later...trade silver too. I'm going to hit these fields with the MD at some point as well.
I agree. Whats the worst that could happen? Even if You dont find anything with the detector you're still going to be able to scan the ground with your eyes while you're detecting. Who knows? You may just stumble across a long forgotten colonial homesite. If this field is near water, there is a good chance of that happening. I wish you the best of luck.

Great Finds! I myself have been trying to find areas to hunt for indian artifacts. The town I live in had numerous indian villages all over the place. I have found a couple broken pieces but nothing great yet. Hope you post more of your finds when you find them. Good hunting!

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

Fantastic finds, Rommy! You're going to love this new obsession. ;D

;) RR

Romeo-1

Be very, very careful. Arrowhead hunting is known to be more addictive heroin, cocaine, and nicotine !!
Wait, so is medal detecting, oh, nevermind ! Everyone has their vices.....

Nice find.
I have been afflicted with this obsession as well..

Good luck..

Ed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back