30th copper for the year

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The nephews and I got out to the property that we started last week. We got to talking today to the landowner and he told us that he owns multiple properties in this area and we are welcome to hit them at our leasure. It is looking bright for future hunts in this area. Last week we found 4 coppers here and this week we werent too far off that total. We detected for a few hours today and I have this 1802 Draped bust large cent to show for it. It seems that I can't go a week without finding a Draped bust in one form or another. I'm not complaining since this is about the timeframe that i'm after.Early American coins are what floats my boat . ;D I didn't find 1 button or any musketballs which is very unusual for me. I did find a large cowbell though.This area that we hit today is a different field than we did last week. As my title states I hit 30 coppers for the year. I think it makes 65 for the group. We found 3 today. We each found 1.It's much more enjoyable when that happens.I sure hope this wasn't the last week of detecting. The weather is taking a turn for the worse. We will have to take it one week at a time.Enjoy all. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00001-5.jpg

Upvote 0
congrats chris you have a big hill to climb next year to beat thirty i'm sure you'll do it tho good luck and hh

[you guys had another great year!!! congrats on the coppers they are one of my favorites to find you should post a pic of all of them from this year it would be good to look at them,mike /quote]

I can't wait to see the pics of them all! That is friggin' cool!

Need to update the avatar :thumbsup:

Congrats on your 30TH!!!!! That seems amazing to me, I've been detecting in Ohio for 25 plus years and haven't found that many coppers in all that time. In fact my oldest is an 1832. I found 2 large cents this year and still no half cents, but lot's of 20TH century silver. :thumbsup:

Great find! You are running out of time and the ground is starting to freeze, so get your @$$ back out there and dig some more!

That's AWESOME :thumbsup: Congrads on #30!

Nat

Chris,
Congrats on your 30th!!! You amaze me with the coins you find. As far as....."It seems that I can't go a week without finding a Draped bust in one form or another." You're killing me Dude. :tongue3: The only old bust I even see is when I stand in front of the mirror. ::) :'(
I bet it's a cool sight to see those 65 all together. :thumbsup:
Way to go,
Doug

ModernMiner said:
Chris,
Congrats on your 30th!!! You amaze me with the coins you find. As far as....."It seems that I can't go a week without finding a Draped bust in one form or another." You're killing me Dude. :tongue3: The only old bust I even see is when I stand in front of the mirror. ::) :'(
I bet it's a cool sight to see those 65 all together. :thumbsup:
Way to go,
Doug
"The only old bust I even see is when I stand in front of the mirror." Doug that is one of the funniest one liners I have heard in a while. Priceless dude. And as always my friend....THANKS. :icon_king:
Chris

I want to thank everyone who read and responded to this post. As I write this it is snowing outside . It is supposed to snow multiple times this week and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for another weekend hunt. The glass is half full at this point but that could change as we approach the weekend.
Chris

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
I want to thank everyone who read and responded to this post. As I write this it is snowing outside . It is supposed to snow multiple times this week and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for another weekend hunt. The glass is half full at this point but that could change as we approach the weekend.
Chris

I bet you all get out again, even if you have bring blow torches with you! :thumbsup: When there is a few inches of frozen dirt, this is my tool of choice, carry it around on a hammer belt while detecting

Don

Attachments

• drywall hammer.jpg
    drywall hammer.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 216
Chris, you did it again, man!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another Coppa for your collection! Awesome!!

Kirk says he's going out there even if there's a foot of snow on the ground. :o :D He's got the passion!! And so do you!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Chris,

WOW x30......

That's an amazing amount of coppers for one season....

I hope the snow holds off so that you can add to your total !!!!

Brian in MA

Don in SJ said:
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Chris

I bet you all get out again, even if you have bring blow torches with you! :thumbsup: When there is a few inches of frozen dirt, this is my tool of choice, carry it around on a hammer belt while detecting

Don
Weapon Of Choice :thumbsup:.......Congrat's Chris......Get em while you can Bud :wink:

Congrats on the great coin and your 30th!!!!!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back