30th copper for the year

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The nephews and I got out to the property that we started last week. We got to talking today to the landowner and he told us that he owns multiple properties in this area and we are welcome to hit them at our leasure. It is looking bright for future hunts in this area. Last week we found 4 coppers here and this week we werent too far off that total. We detected for a few hours today and I have this 1802 Draped bust large cent to show for it. It seems that I can't go a week without finding a Draped bust in one form or another. I'm not complaining since this is about the timeframe that i'm after.Early American coins are what floats my boat . ;D I didn't find 1 button or any musketballs which is very unusual for me. I did find a large cowbell though.This area that we hit today is a different field than we did last week. As my title states I hit 30 coppers for the year. I think it makes 65 for the group. We found 3 today. We each found 1.It's much more enjoyable when that happens.I sure hope this wasn't the last week of detecting. The weather is taking a turn for the worse. We will have to take it one week at a time.Enjoy all. :icon_king:
Chris
PIC00001-5.jpg

Upvote 0
you guys had another great year!!! congrats on the coppers they are one of my favorites to find you should post a pic of all of them from this year it would be good to look at them,mike

mike in pa said:
you guys had another great year!!! congrats on the coppers they are one of my favorites to find you should post a pic of all of them from this year it would be good to look at them,mike
Thanks Mike, I was talking to the guys just today about posting pics of our yearly totals. We pretty much all agreed that we will it's just that the year is not over. :thumbsup:
Chris

wow wish I had your luck with those draped bust.. I was looking yesterday to see if you 3 went out this weekend .. didn't see a post an thought you might have stayed in from the cold... anyways congrats on your find!! don't need to say hope you find another cause I'm sure you will.. btw need more cow bell!

That is a BEAUTIFUL Coin!
Even though we find more Civil War relics,
We get "As Giddy As A School Girl" when a
good old Copper shows up!
The weather definitely slows us down a bit,
but the hunt will continue!
Congratulations and Good luck.

Very nice copper once again !! The large copper is my favoite thing to pull out of the ground. Yours too by the looks. Congrats for the 30th time :thumbsup:

VPR

Nice dig Chris. :thumbsup: Sometimes I think it's easier for you to find a draped bust coin than it is for me to find the bathroom after rolling out of bed in the morning. :D On a positive note, I do find the bathroom most of the time. :o But I'm certainly not finding the draped coppas like you are. I don't think anyone is for that matter. You are definitely the draped bust king. :icon_king: :tongue3: Keep the passion high my friend.

Rob

Congrats on that 1802 Draped Bust Large :thumbsup: 30 for the year is great, hope the frosty cold weather holds off so you get a few more cracks at it. Good Luck.
Glenn

Chris, you are the true "Zeus of Copper" my friend! :thumbsup:

I know you've been finding a lot lately, but I had no idea you were up to 30. . . that's wonderful!!

Time to get some more :wink:
watercolor

Congrats on #30 my friend. You've had a killer year...and I bet you pop out #31 before long. :thumbsup:

From the land of the Bluenose.....wtg on the old coppers. get a few here also and see thatthe ground treats them the same way there.....it's a shame big time. Nice to find them in half decent shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back