KJ&nugget

Mar 9, 2013
Republic of South Afrika and Wa. State USA
Detector(s) used
I use a garrett AT pro.
My son uses a Technetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 11 year son and I are going on a week long treasure hunting trip during his spring break.

I want to get him a decent Metal detector. He has been using my AT pro a lot lately and has no issues with the use and settings to find treasures.

However I'm using my AT pro on this trip, and I want to get him something nicer then his current cheap unit. I figure spending 300 for a used detector might get me a better unit then spending that much on something new.

So why not upgrade for yourself and get 300 bucks towards it. I'll either mail or paypal your account right away. Just tell me what you have and I'll try to decide what to do as soon as possible depending how many people ( if anyone) reply.

Email direct at [email protected]
Text message: 509 540 5723

Spring break is around the corner, I need to make a decision soon.

For your $300 you can get him a very decent, brand new machine. There are several
that would do him a fine job coin shooting and relic hunting:

Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector | Big Boys Hobbies

Teknetics Delta 4000 Metal Detector | Big Boys Hobbies

Fisher F2 with 11 inch DD coil Metal Detector | Big Boys Hobbies

All are quality, capable machines with all the features he can handle.

Give Bart at BigBoysHobbies a call.
I have little doubt he would do his very best to get him quality machine, and
at an affordable price.

It's what I may end up doing, but for the same money something better could be out there. I would prefer a 500 dollar detector used for 300 then a new 300 dollar detector.

Guess I will see what happens, I would like a Fisher, no interest in the slow trigger speed of the Garrett 350. The Fishers on the other hand are very nice and very quick to update.

I would lower my M6 to $425 for him. That is a shipped price on a top shelf, deep, easy to use detector.

I would go with an ace 250 and save money..I think you can get one new for like 215.00 :coffee2: Good little machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back