3 weeks finds at the beach

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Usually I go into this forum to just read and reply to the post ya'll put in! I've learned so much in the past few weeks. I've only had the Quattro for a few weeks, and am still learning. I started detecting about a month ago, with another brand detector, but found it didn't do well in wet sand. Got a lot of funny noises all the time :( So I bought this one and LOVE IT :)

In the last few weeks I've been to the beach with the new one about 6-8 times, for about 2hrs in the early morning (don't have to pay for parking till 8a.m. LOL. In fact I replaced the batteries for the first time this morning. Everytime I come home, I'd clean down my machine, and put my finds in a ziplock.

Anyway I'm so happy with what I've got so far and wanted to show ya'll what I got, but I can't wait till I find my first piece of gold! :) Only ring I've found so far was silver, and was ecstatic about that find! HH 8)

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
real nice haul surfrat!slow sweeping pays off for sure,may your next beep be gold!

I'll be giving you my best gold finding "vibes" since I have found 2 gold rings 2 days in a row as I am sure you have seen in the previous posts. They are there, keep looking :o

Hey alleng, I haven't really looked close at all the quarters or dimes yet, but I don't think there's any silver. Several of the dimes are so corroded, I cant see much of anything, only enough to know it's a dime. The only silver I've got so far is the ring, which is pictured near the bottom of the pile.

I need to start digging all the pull tabs from what I've read, to find that first piece of gold! 8) HH

Congrats on the finds so far surfrat, silver coins when found in saltwater areas will have a gray color to them usually.keep us posted on your finds
hh
dave+bobbie

WTG! surfrat,
Looks like your really getting the hang of that new Quattro. Silver ring in the first few weeks of detecting, not too shabby...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Digging in sand is so easy I would dig everything to get an idea of what your detector can do. One tip I can give is try to hunt the same type of sand for the whole sweep. If you go from wet or wetter sand to dry or dryer sand the balance of the machine has a harder time working correctly. That gold ring is out there waiting for you.

Ed Donovan

Great work!

IS that ALL the stuff you've dug so far at the beach? Are you passing on some of those "trash" signals? I'd dig it all as has been suggested before. There aren't that many targets on the beach anyhow AND it's easy diggin as has been mentioned also.

I dug a dime today that sounded like it was a nail! You never know ;)

Have fun! Your do'in GREAT!

Rod

ecdonovan, i alway balance my machine from wet to dry sand. I have also made a habbit of just doing it about every 30 minutes or so, just to make sure

Hey Rod, I have to admit I've been guilty of discriminating the trash. After reading so much info on the forum, the next time I go I"ll dig everything. I know I've got to be passing over some good stuff! I tried digging everything before, but there's so much trash it's unbelieveable, but like you said, it is easy digging.

Thanks all for the positive feedback! HH 8)

Nice Haul Surfrat, I expect to see ya this afternoon if we dont get rained out. I am looking forward to this outing. Check that quarter at the Top, I think its mine. LOL HH

you might want to trade all that clad in on A new diggin tool ! I'm sure yours is worn out by now.L.O.L!nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back