3 Nice Silvers. Crazy Story Read If Your Not To Sensitive.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, I was in a debate weather I wanted to show these coins and bring this story up but here goes. 10 yrs ago I got into detecting with a guy who was engaged to my mother. I found alot of stuff and had it all taken away from me until a few days ago.

The reason I got just these 3 coins was because when my brother seen them he took a few of the better one's because they were geting all crushed and scratched up. He then has had them for 2yrs and couldn't tell me. The stash is now hidden away somewhere and until he finds them again I just have to sit back and be cool.

At one point years ago our house got robbed. I was about 13 or 14 yrs old. My Mom got scared and took all my valuables over to my Nunnies house Italian for grandmother if you don't know already. Well the years past and I got older and a place of my own right. I decided it was time to go and recover my collection.

I went to the spot in the basement at my Nunnies house were they were hidden to find every coin gone. They left me the case though. I was crushed. I asked what happened and everyone pointed a finger to everyone else including my Mom.

As the years went on I always thought of them and wish I knew what happened to them. A few nights ago I was sitting with my brother looking over the forum. I was saying man I had a large cent like that. My brother then bleeped out you still do.

I said what do you mean I still do. He went on to tell me he found a sack one day in the house when they were moving a few yrs back. He opened it up and seen a ton of old coins. He knew at that point who's they were. He was bothered by it and questioned my mother. He never got a answer as to why they were in her possesion.

He was told to keep quiet about it. He just finally couldn't take it know more and told me. I didn't know how to feal because I let it go years ago. My wife or any one else would have been on the phone immediately. Not me I know her game. I'm being patient and hoping my brother will recover the rest of them for me.

I have know idea why she would do this. I have alot of thoughts but not sure why. It wasn't a good break up with the guy and I don't know if it had something to do with him or not. I also had a ton of foreign money that was really old.

I figured in the end we all like coins right. These were all a first for me and have more sentimental value to me than anything. Even though I have found more nothing is as good as the first. Just these 3 coins brought me back. When and if I get the rest of the collection back I will update this.

Don't feal bad for me. I have been through it all and nothing phases me or surprises me in my family. I have goten older and that has fueled me to be successful in this hobby all these years. I told myself I will not only find one of everything I had but I would find it 100 times over and that has been exactly what I have done.

Know matter if I get them back or not I'll continue to do the right things and let those who are wrong be delt with in the end.

Oh yeah the coin in the case is a 1853 seated quarter.

Thanks for looking

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Coins Recovered edited.JPG
    Coins Recovered edited.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0
Thanks guys, Hope I didn't get anyone to hot. Family can be shady at times. All we can do is learn from it and try not to make the same mistakes they have. I will sit tight and see what happens. It may take some time again before they are located. Atleast I got a few back to hold me over from now till then.

Even if I never see them again atleast I know and can let it rest again. There just coins and don't want it to hold my life up.

The only morgan and peace dollars I ever dug were in that collection. man I would love to see them again.

I'll post back in the future on it.

Thanks everyone

HH Jeremy

when i went to college mt parents sold my'65 pontiac catalina convertible--389 big block, stock six-pack carbs---for 400$---i was livid-- they said they thought it was junk!!! it needed minor body work and a paint job, other wise it was perfect!! i didn't talk to them for a year and then the only thing i said for another year was "you sold my f'ing car!!!" well, i got over it and forgave them and when i graduated they bought me a brand new mustang convertible--- only later did i learn that they really did think it was junk and felt horrible about it--my youthful pride wouldn't let them apologize--when i got the new car it was a shock to me-- and i realized that i had lost 2 years of life w/ my parents who had otherwise been very good to me--now i call my folks at least once a week, tell them what's up and listen to what's up in their life----maturity does wonderful things to you and so does realising what really is important in life--- live it to the fullest, don't waste a second
kodad
(i really f'ing loved that car and can laugh about it now--someone found a treasure!!)

It sounds like you have the right frame of mind regardless on what happened. That could of drove you away from MDing but instead it drove you more to it and motivated you as well

Best of luck

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back