Greenie
Apr 20, 2012
Dry Fork, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 items I'm curious about

The first item is metal, 4 1/2 inches long, and seems to screw into something. The base seems to have been ornate and it appears to have been painted at one time. I'm thinking something off of a carriage that might have guided the reins. Second item is about 2 1/4 inches long, is metal, has ridges and I believe was once red. Also there is threading on the inside about 3/4 of an inch up. There is lettering that says ( I beleive) UNIVERSAL VEBKLYN, the rest is missing. It also has a US Pat that is missing most of the number I can make out 1905-S-P.
Third item is clear plastic, kind've decorative. It's hard to describe. Hope there are some suggestion.
My large cent is a 1844. The 44 looks strange. Does anyone have a suggestion on who to have look at it to decide if it is one of the onest that was marked 1881 originally?

Attachments

• 5 11 Three.jpg
    5 11 Three.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 5 11 One.jpg
    5 11 One.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 5 11 Two.jpg
    5 11 Two.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 5 11 Four.jpg
    5 11 Four.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 157
Only problem with the valve stem cover, is that this piece is 2 1/4" long and about 1/2" in diameter. That's a BIG tire :-\

Upvote 0
Only problem with the valve stem cover, is that this piece is 2 1/4" long and about 1/2" in diameter. That's a BIG tire :-\
I agree with timekillers ID. The old Model T valve stems were long. Not quite 1/2 inch. It probably looks 1/2 inch dia because its smashed.
View attachment 634879

Last edited:
Upvote 0
READ..............................
Model T Ford Forum: Valve Stem Covers.........
Description
Model T Ford Valve stem covers with adapters Made by “Schrader” (8pcs). Covers measure approx 1.900 tall x .583dia. Cover base .610 x 26tpi. Adapters from .400 x 27tpi to .610 x 26tpi. Original condition, brass with nickel plate.

Attachments

• 59943[1].jpg
    59943[1].jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Upvote 0
oops I didnt realize it was a large cent in the picture for comparison. I would have to agree, the OPs smashed cap found is 1/2 inch dia or over. Did I say that I agree?

Upvote 0
The threaded piece is part of a lightning rod insulator. It would have screwed into the wall of a house or barn and had a glass or ceramic insert to hold the wire.
LightningBad052DJF.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks Biccy, I've dug a few of them here, but I couldn't find any of mine for a pic. I google image searched and found some really neat looking ones though. I think I'll be keeping my eyes out for some of the glass ones from now on.

Upvote 0
This really looks quite similar. The only difference being the one I found is 2.25 tall. Maybe just a different model. Thanks for all of the info.
READ..............................
Model T Ford Forum: Valve Stem Covers.........
Description
Model T Ford Valve stem covers with adapters Made by “Schrader” (8pcs). Covers measure approx 1.900 tall x .583dia. Cover base .610 x 26tpi. Adapters from .400 x 27tpi to .610 x 26tpi. Original condition, brass with nickel plate.

Upvote 0
I worked on a farm/ranch that had a rubber tired belly scraper manufactured in the 50's. the valve stem covers were that big.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back