2nd day out with the ace250

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
went back to my parents house armed with the info that came with the detector. it HAD to be easy to find those dang iron suveyor markers now!!!!! or so i thought!! today i found 1 dime 2pennies all clad and a firing mechanism from a toy pistol that is marked kadet savannah tenn.....but no markers!!! one thing i did notice about the ace,from time to time i would get an intermittant signal from it.......it would give a bell tone on the left swing and an iron tone on the right swing.i had it set on the jewlrey mode and about 4 bars sensitivity. sometimes when i went to pinpoint objects the pinpoint area would be rather large sometimes a foot square. i assumed i was getting a false reading due to junk or mineralization in the soil after i dug a few of these targets with no luck. was that what i should have done? i noticed the coins had a very distinctive tone and pinpoint pattern. what could be causing the wierd intermittant tones?thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0
Run your sensitivity at 50-70 percent.The Ace 250 is very touchy like that.Also the chirps are trash but the strong bell sounds are money or treasure. Good luck and HH Jimmy

thanks! i will keep that in mind and try again.

When you're pin pointing and the signal is still a foot square. That means it's a large target. Probably a large piece of iron, or maybe the stakes you're looking for. Iron stakes will do that. When the targets large, it will sound good in discriminate but won't shrink down like a coin will in pin point. Ignore them unless it's an old house or foundation where you might want to investagate in case it's a buried container of coins. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back