2ND Big Fall Post. Colonial Era Finds A trip With Danimal. And A Bunch Of Others

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Finally getting the chance to get my finds up. My usb cable was shot and it took me awhile to find another one for this make of camera and model. Also if I seem slow to reply to this topic it's because I am leaving for CA Sat morning. I'll be gone for a week.

I've been to numorous new spots lately. I've been researching alot lately and came up with a nice list of new places to hunt. The first spot I checked last weekend gave up 30 old coins in about 5 hrs of hunting.

During the past month I made a trip over to OH to meet up with Danimal for a hunt at a old stage coach stop. Finds were pretty slim but it was nice to get out for the day with a good hunting buddy. Dan next hunt is on me. Sites are really started to come through with my research.

I got a couple cool shots of us camping out at the site. And one with Danimal cutting a tree down. I'm the guy with the steelers shirt on. I am holding a lonely colonial button.

During all my hunts I decided to rework a old colonial site of mine and it gave up some nice buttons. All were deep and just came in. Also found a 3 sided head that came out of a hole. Looks to be from the time period.

Some of the coin finds were this:

35 Wheats
3 Indians 1884 1889 1892
2 Rosie 1946 1961
1 Washington 1956
1 War nickle 1945 P
1 1897 Barber dime

2 1950's jeffersons
1 1960's aluminum token
1 1922 railways token.
1 No date Buffalo

I also got a first after 10,000 shotgun shells one full brass from the base to the top. What era would you all date this shell at. I also got a cool little printing plate with a guy holding a guitar or something like that.

Other than that just some other cool relics. Silver count has been down. But I expect that to change soon. My new locations show alot of promise. Once again thanks for looking and commenting.

HH Jer

Attachments

• 2nd big fall post 001.jpg
    2nd big fall post 001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 838
  • 2nd big fall post 002.jpg
    2nd big fall post 002.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 834
  • 2nd big fall post 003.jpg
    2nd big fall post 003.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 833
  • 2nd big fall post 004.jpg
    2nd big fall post 004.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 828
  • 2nd big fall post 005.jpg
    2nd big fall post 005.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 837
  • 2nd big fall post 009.jpg
    2nd big fall post 009.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 2nd big fall post 012.jpg
    2nd big fall post 012.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 823
  • 2nd big fall post 013.jpg
    2nd big fall post 013.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 824
  • 2nd big fall post 031.jpg
    2nd big fall post 031.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 804
  • 2nd big fall post 032.jpg
    2nd big fall post 032.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 808
  • 2nd big fall post 035.jpg
    2nd big fall post 035.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 804
Upvote 0
Wow, Jer, you made a lot of good finds! Love the glass sculpture. What a surprise that must have been to find it in your hole. :o

Looks like your research is paying off! Continued success with your new sites.

Isn't your detecting season coming to an end soon?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Great variety of finds there Jer, looks like it was a fun hunt!

awesome finds and it looks like you hade a great time. nice weather and good friends. would love to someday find a pocket watch! Id be stoked!!!! :o

Thanks alot guys,

Yes the history around here is something to be proud of. This area the three rivers was a main focal point in early us history. We had the battle of braddock here in my city also. Lots of early history here.

Thanks for the info on the sculptur Crancky. Yes, I would say it dates to the time you describe. It was a nice little extra. The hole was huge and the bigger I opened it up the more chances of finding glass ware. It was a nice thing to see all dirty in the hole.

Yes, SF it was a good old time with my brother my oldest boy and Dan aka danimal. It's funny how everyone thinks my younger brother is me. They also think he's the older brother. We just look very alike. He does everything I do looks up to me.

We have the same unit same car same gold coin ect.... I'm the leader he then follows. In a way makes me feal good that someone is looking up to me. I'm actually the guy holding the button with the steelers hoodie on. We have had some fun days with Dan. Hope to do it again here soon.

I hope not Capt. I've been known to bundle up and hunt all yr long as long as I can still dig. I usually can because all I do is woods hunt. The thick leaves act like a insulator and the ground still is soft underneath. It's the temps that keep me in. I won't go out under 20 degrees. 32 And up is prime weather for me. It doesn't look good though this yr.

Already in the mid 20's and snowing. Snow will keep me in to. 4 or more inches and it's just to much. The leaves and snow make it hard to get close to the surface. I guess we will see.

Kim, You did a nice job in photo shop with the image. Looks fairly old pre 1950's I would say. Found it at a tear down. Didn't look like it was anything until I tumbled it. And realized it was another printing plate. Still don't know who the pic is of. Thought it may have been Elvis at first.

Thanks again guys,

HH Jer

Re: 2ND Big Fall Post. Colonial Era Finds A trip With Danimal. And A Bunch Of Ot

Plenty of good stuff. I like the glass head - very cool.

Dan - why were you cutting down that tree with an Axe? Trying to be a lumberjack? ;D
Also the picture of with the heavy equipment - amazing how radical a site can change when they bring in the big stuff. It's no wonder sites are worthless after an event like this.

plehbah said:
kimsdad said:
Nevermind - let's see what Photoshop will do...

Not my best skill - but it gives a workable preview. :wink:
Neil

It kind of looks like Hitler playing the cello!

I like it!

Gosh, everyone can see it's really JFK. :D :thumbsup:

Jeremy. 8) You always have the best looking display! 8) It must take you DAYS to clean all those finds up so nicely! :o Beautiful finds as always and looks like you all had a GREAT time!! Have fun on your vacation!!

Nana :)

Everything looks just great.. what a fantastic hunt you had. I love the glass head too. :thumbsup:

Bavaria Mike said:
Awesome post and finds Jer! Great that you hooked up with Danimal, stagecoach site sounds nice along with camping but, since he did not take you to the Iceberg I will consider him the scrooge that stole Christmas. HH, Mike

Well Mike...things have been changing at the Iceberg and we're not sure how much longer it can be hunted. The areas that were huntable there have been pounded...and I mean pounded.
Still....anytime we're in the mood to dig a few hundred wheaties we still head there. Jeremy has been offered the 'Berg.

Mirage...Jeremy's bro Lance found that axe stuck to a tree deep in the woods..it still had a nice edge. Lance started the detstruction of that small tree..I just finished it off.

Those are some great finds. Also looks like it was a fun hunt. :thumbsup:

Mirage...Jeremy's bro Lance found that axe stuck to a tree deep in the woods..it still had a nice edge. Lance started the detstruction of that small tree..I just finished it off.

I didn't think you would have carried that axe down in that ravine (or let someone else), Someone prolly did, and realized it was better to leave it down there.
Hauling a detector/ backpack and a small shovel was hard enough not to mention the knee deep river that had to be crossed.

Nice haul guys..

ZoSo71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back