270 year old silver coin at the rivers edge!!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
270 year old silver coin at the river's edge!!

Friends!! We went metal detecting along the river that wraps around a colonial field....and YAY!! Slung some old old silver, among other amazing relics. Short video, no ads, just sharing for the love of sharing my hunts.
Happy hunting to you all and Happy New Year!!

https://youtu.be/j1hW2GvXM5Y

Upvote 0
I love your finds but don't like you tube. Gimme a picture. :laughing7:
Marvin

Marvin

Agreed. That's akin to clicking on a news story and having to sit through a video of somebody reading the exact story. I love a good read and pictures, and I almost always skip over threads when I see it's just a link to a video.

Great finds.
I like to carry a bottle of water to wash off the dirt and not scratch the silver.

Nice silver and video!

A picture says 1000 words. Don't need to see the hunt r dig. Just the goodies!

That's a great idea, and I clearly should do the same! Thank you for watching :)

Great finds.
I like to carry a bottle of water to wash off the dirt and not scratch the silver.

I will try to take more pics of my finds rather than just film...it's just my way of preserving our history, I don't make the videos for any gains (keeping ads out of the videos). Happy hunting!

Marvin

So what part of NE are you guys detecting? Trying to figure out if I ever fished that river! lol, great vid!

GL & HH!

This particular video was in NH. We fished that river many times, and it's got a few spots where some nice bass are hiding :) Thank you for watching and have an amazing 2016, either fishing or dirt-fishing or both!

So what part of NE are you guys detecting? Trying to figure out if I ever fished that river! lol, great vid!

GL & HH!

The video was edited perfectly. Dont stop posting your vids, some people just like to see the coin right away. Nice Job!

image.pngimage.png

Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. I love the videos! Great finds this week!

Hi Jason! I truly enjoy chronicling my hunts on video, even though the editing process is incredible (7 hours for a 7 minute clip)...the way i see it, if people don't want to see it, don't click the link or scroll past. Just not a big deal, right? There is a lot of hate and negativity out there in the world. All we strive to do is share our passion about history and metal detecting with people in a family-friendly way. No cussing or swearing, just good old-fashioned fun. Yes - I DO get excited over my finds, whether or not the camera is on, my reactions are the same. As for our radio communication: There is actually quite a bit of chatter on those frequencies when we are out and about, hence the ID'ing. The other reason is that it makes my editing life a whole lot easier :) Thanks for chiming in, and Happy New Year to you! May you dig many treasures in 2016 :)

I want to chime in..... I think that pics are nice to quickly see what people are finding. If everyone posted YouTube vids it would take hours to see everything. If I have the time to watch vids, no problem going to YouTube and searching on metal detecting or using posted quick links on the forum. I would think that most of the problem is video styling. I am by no means a producer, but do know I quickly gravitate away from vids with lots of "drama" , loud yelling, squealing, cussing etc. Videos with different reactions to different finds keep my interest. The same reaction of "oh my Gosh" to every nail, button, bell being the same as a silver/gold coin I consider drama. That of course is just me, and you know the saying, opinions are like...:censored:..... Don't take me completely negatively, I may not watch, but do acknowledge the time and aggravation it sometimes takes to make a video. I am sure for every one of me, there are two who watch. I do have one question. When you two are using radios, why do you always use call signs? "Tiger, you copy on *****cat?".... "Copy *****cat, this is Tiger gohead" Is there other people on the frequency your using, is it for "cuteness/silly" factor or is there an unfortunate medical condition with short term memory? I did enjoy the find you two had with the bag of silver halves. I cant imagine anyone on this forum who was not a little jealous or like me if I had been present would have robbed you:laughing7:

A perfect solution for for anyone who doesn't like my excitement (which I totally can't help myself with). Happy hunting to you, and have a great 2016!

Jason....I just turn off the volume and enjoy!! I also agree with ya 100%:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back