$250 dollar disappointment turned to JOY

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Went to my credit union today to pick up dimes and some halves....$250 in hand rolls with the tell tale sign on search uncrinkled end sticking up with x or check on outside...I usually get them loose out of the machine...So I say to my self SKUNKAROO!! and chalk it up...I put em in the car and just for the heck of it I opened 1 roll oohh a 40%er He must have missed one.....Ok so one is better than none..Got home and opened skunk after skunk then got to a roll with tape on both ends....Hmm thats odd....Well I opened it and expected to find nothing...I hit my first solid SILVER ROLL!!!! 18 40% AND 2 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WOO HOO!! So still shaking I'm posting the story..I know its not much but I'm psyched!! gonna do the loose $1k in dimes tonight will post results here...
Gerald

Attachments

• IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0
Congratulations on the full roll. I've had 6 like that so far in the past! :thumbsup:

gtlfindings said:
Went to my credit union today to pick up dimes and some halves....$250 in hand rolls with the tell tale sign on search uncrinkled end sticking up with x or check on outside...I usually get them loose out of the machine...So I say to my self SKUNKAROO!! and chalk it up...I put em in the car and just for the heck of it I opened 1 roll oohh a 40%er He must have missed one.....Ok so one is better than none..Got home and opened skunk after skunk then got to a roll with tape on both ends....Hmm thats odd....Well I opened it and expected to find nothing...I hit my first solid SILVER ROLL!!!! 18 40% AND 2 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WOO HOO!! So still shaking I'm posting the story..I know its not much but I'm psyched!! gonna do the loose $1k in dimes tonight will post results here...
Gerald

Shaking? You definitely need to get out more. Just Kidding.

Congrats.

LMAO!! I do get out, this hobby really gets the blood pumping I LOVE SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on some awesome finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: best of luck with the dimes:D

There's no turning back now...YOU'RE HOOKED! Congrats on the great score. :thumbsup:

gtlfindings said:
I hit my first solid SILVER ROLL!!!! 18 40% AND 2 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Skunkmaker turned in the wrong roll. :'( :'( You know he put that aside and even taped both ends then grabbed it by mistake and deposited it. Wonder if he rushed back to the bank to try and get it back just as you were walking out the door? >:(

I once found a silver quarter, put it on the kitchen table and my wife spent it. I didn't say "don't touch" she now knows what silver looks like.

Sometimes people make mistakes. Thats why we painstakingly search every one we find. I can only dream of solid silver, that is AWESOME!

Man thats awesome, I can't wait till I find a solid roll too!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back