Dollybyers

Jan 2, 2016
Arizona and New York
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, White's Coinmaster 5900/Di Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this around a c. 1820 farmhouse about six inches down. It appears to be made of copper. Any idea if it is a token.. or just a toy?

Front and back are the same.

Thanks!

quarters.jpg

Last edited:
Can you get a picture of the other side of the token?

Upvote 0
I dont think its play money. It may be a tag like the ones given for picking vegetables to get paid

Upvote 0
chit? Look up definition of chit this isn't a joke.LOL

Upvote 0
Sort a like chit. I forget what they are called. I think after you pick a bushel or whatever, you get a token. At the end of the day, you can cash them in.

Upvote 0
Judging by the font, marks on the outer face, and copper material, I think your 25 cent token is the real deal. I've lighten your photo so it can be seen better, and found a token like yours listed on Ebay.

Photography tip: Whenever you're photographing a dark object, place it on a colored background like blue, green or any color other than white. :)

Neat find :)
Breezie

Vintage 25 Cent Token Very Early | eBay

quarters.jpg
Token.jpg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
we still dont know for sure exactly what is is but we know there are others

Upvote 0
Sort a like chit. I forget what they are called. I think after you pick a bushel or whatever, you get a token. At the end of the day, you can cash them in.

Pickers check? I don't think that's what it is, as it actually designates cents. Think it's just a generic token.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back