Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the end of the year right around the corner I'm going to start adding up my clad found for this year. Last year I had right at $112.64, so hopefully I will be able to beat that amount this year.

Maybe I will have a chance to squeeze in one more hunt this year, probably at one of two local parks that usually produce a lot of clad and the occasional ring.

Share your clad finds for the year!

Finally got it all counted.

Penny: 1012 = $10.12
Nickel: 232 = $11.60
Dime: 386 = $38.60
Quarter: 264 = $66.00
Dollar: 2 = $2
Total: $128.32

Just enough to buy that new AT Pro Pointer!

I'll be honest, I don't keep track of all the clad I find. I keep all of it but I just throw the coins in a jar full of my pocket change and count everything up after the jar becomes full. I'm all about the older stuff. :icon_sunny:

I'll be honest, I don't keep track of all the clad I find. I keep all of it but I just throw the coins in a jar full of my pocket change and count everything up after the jar becomes full. I'm all about the older stuff. :icon_sunny:

I sort mine and toss it into jars throughout the year and only count it at the end of the year. I dig a lot of clad trying to find the old stuff :thumbsup:

I put my clad in kids piggy banks. Last time I did it a couple months ago it was over $50

I got so many clads I buried 900 pennies in back yard and got another 300 to either throw away or take some to the coin machine that will pass in it. shortribs rwd mo

Hello Everyone,

I just throw the clad coins in a 6 quart Tupperware container, it’s just about full. I’ll get a new one for this year’s finds. I usually do not look for clad, but if it’s there I’ll dig it! In one hole (next to a utility pole), I dug over 50 wheat pennies and a nice silver ring – you never know!

Regards,

I don't track what I dig, but I don't toss it either. I keep everything I dig let the kids or wife figure it out. LOL!

2014 I had $925 in clad. But that was between turf (AT pro) and beach (whites DFPI) guesstimate is half and half so $400-425 with the garrett. Already over $55 with the AT pro this year. Hit a few parks where it was easy $10-15 in clad (quarter counts of 25-40 each time add up fast). These were only 2hr hunts too. Was passing on dimes after digging 10-20 shallow ones. Thankfully a few wheats each trip so potential for old items. Pulled a nice 14k marked ring only to test it and find out it is fake brass. I hate finding fake rings.

Last years total was 637.54 going to try to beat that. at lest I found enough to buy 2 detectors and accessories over the last 2 years.

You all are kicking tail! Nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back