Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

Headed out late yesterday to spend a couple of hours in the woods. Better temps, less rain, and fewer mosquitos has made detecting a little more pleasant of late.

After a couple of hours with little to show, I hit a nice signal in the high 80's which proved to be a Matron Head large cent. This coin was on a hillside right next to a main hiking trail. I re-scanned the hole only to hear another great signal. Out pops a second LC. About two feet away was yet another similar sounding tone. This proved to be a third large cent.

DSC02558.jpgDSC02559.jpgDSC02553.jpgDSC02563.jpg

I've walked past this spot a million times. I guess I never gave it much attention. I plan to return to this same area soon to see what other treasures I have missed over the years. This collection of coins date back to 1817 , 1819, and..... not sure about the last one.

DSC02567.jpgDSC02583.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Hope everyone has a productive Fall! Cheers!

Upvote 52
Hi All,

Headed out late yesterday to spend a couple of hours in the woods. Better temps, less rain, and fewer mosquitos has made detecting a little more pleasant of late.

After a couple of hours with little to show, I hit a nice signal in the high 80's which proved to be a Matron Head large cent. This coin was on a hillside right next to a main hiking trail. I re-scanned the hole only to hear another great signal. Out pops a second LC. About two feet away was yet another similar sounding tone. This proved to be a third large cent.

View attachment 2106072View attachment 2106073View attachment 2106074View attachment 2106075

I've walked past this spot a million times. I guess I never gave it much attention. I plan to return to this same area soon to see what other treasures I have missed over the years. This collection of coins date back to 1817 , 1819, and..... not sure about the last one.

View attachment 2106076View attachment 2106077

Sweet finds!
Huge coins to lose, eh?
I’m envious…!

Hi All,

View attachment 2106072View attachment 2106073View attachment 2106074View attachment 2106075

View attachment 2106076View attachment 2106077

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back