🔎 UNIDENTIFIED 2 Large Items (How Old)

USNFLYR

Dec 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two days of detecting a shoreline that once had industrial activity near a wharf yielded these 2 items. I am stumped. Maybe someone can tell me what these were used for? One is a solid brass (machined) prong that on one end supports a cradle and on the opposite end looks to have a bands machined into it for gripping. Maybe a plunger/pusher of some sort? I suspect it is modern. The other item I have chipped away the corrosion and rust. It has a weird shape and a symmetric thicker layer of metal in the middle portion of the relic. At first I thought of shears but I can not
IMG_1890.jpeg
IMG_1891.jpeg
see where the missing shear blade (scissor?) would attach.

I wonder if the bottom item could be some type of control lever. If so, the hole would go over a shaft, linkage, etc.

Upvote 1
My two days of detecting a shoreline that once had industrial activity near a wharf yielded these 2 items. I am stumped. Maybe someone can tell me what these were used for? One is a solid brass (machined) prong that on one end supports a cradle and on the opposite end looks to have a bands machined into it for gripping. Maybe a plunger/pusher of some sort? I suspect it is modern. The other item I have chipped away the corrosion and rust. It has a weird shape and a symmetric thicker layer of metal in the middle portion of the relic. At first I thought of shears but I can not View attachment 2100420View attachment 2100421see where the missing shear blade (scissor?) would attach.
With the square spindle the first one is probably a doorknob piece or similar

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back