1st silver find

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I guess I need to edit my other post from Saturday......3 rings and 89 coins to 3 rings and 91 coins.

I got home from work this evening and went into the laundry room and saw a dime and a penny on the washer. I didnt really think nothing about it...Im leaving money in my pockets all the time that gets washed and my wife digs it out of the washer. I sat down for a smoke and noticed the dime looked different and the penny was corroded. Picked the dime up and wouldnt ya know it.....a 1964 silver Rosie ;D I guess when I emptied my pockets I missed these.

I think maybe I'll be back there sooner now that I know for sure silver is in the ground.

Upvote 0
Hey, that's a cool story. I guess recommended cleaning for silver is toss it in the washer. Looks like it came out ok,

It definately looks better than when I dug it. It had rained the past couple of days before we went to the house and the place was nothing but mud. I was digging coins out of puddles in some places. After the first few dozen I quit trying to find a date on them and just tucked them in my pocket. I probally had more mud than coins at one point.

Hey zeke, I havent found much to speak of in 1.5 yrs but I do remember my first silver. Way to go! Interesting story to boot.
Cheers & HH

WTG! Zeke,,, The first is always the best,,, until you find the next one. ;D
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Great find Zeke, congrats on your first silver find! Now, if I can only find MY first silver, lol! I've only been at it about a month now, but I know my first silver or gold will come soon! Matter of fact, I think I'll grab my Pioneer 101 and get back to searching my yard right now! Again, great find, and maaaaaaany more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back