Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a couple of new sites today with Heavymetalnut. The 2 sites we went to were very old cellar holes so when this 1883 seated dime popped out it was kind of a shock. I'll take it! I've been waiting for this day for a very long time. I also found some very nice buttons and a neat little brooch with DIAMONDS...the fake kind :laughing7:....And the big dandy button had me convinced that it was a copper :-\ It looked just like a coin in the hole and in my hand. Today was an awesome day.

Attachments

• coin find.bmp.jpg
    coin find.bmp.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 900
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 850
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 850
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 873
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
The first Seated dime is a great thrill. I found my first Seated as a kid, and then did not find another for many years.

It looks like that dime has good detail, and that is a real bonus.

Please refrain from touching it inappropriately.
I've been holding it in my armpit. I like the nice cool feeling it gives.

Nice finds looks like the temp was in the 20's or 30's nothing like a day in the snow are you crazy?????LOL

Sweet Seated silver. Congrats! :thumbsup: Wasn't so bad out there today, that is until the snow and sleet started. :(

Want :icon_sunny:

DigginThePast said:
Sweet Seated silver. Congrats! :thumbsup: Wasn't so bad out there today, that is until the snow and sleet started. :(

Want :icon_sunny:
Yeah, all of the sudden snow was fallin. ??? I was happy with the little effort it took to dig compared to the last couple weeks.

congrats bud - now that your first is out of the way more are sure to follow!
slim

congrats on your first seated looks real nice! careful with that armpit thing, I have seen some appraisers sniff a coin to check for that :angry3:

Congrat's on your first one :icon_thumright: It's still on my want list.

congratulations, you guys have a good looking site there. Nice finds.

Sniffy said:
plehbah said:
The first Seated dime is a great thrill. I found my first Seated as a kid, and then did not find another for many years.

It looks like that dime has good detail, and that is a real bonus.

Please refrain from touching it inappropriately.
I've been holding it in my armpit. I like the nice cool feeling it gives.

:laughing7: :laughing7: That's a good one!!
I remember my first seated. An 1888 in AU condition.
I found it in a front yard of a house next to my wifes Grandma's house. My hometown was founded
in 1876, so it was kind of cool to find a coin that was probably lost shortly after the town was founded.
May you find many more!

Slab

That thing is in awesome shape. :icon_thumright:

I love the seated coins, I have found several, and was as excited with the last as I was with the first. Congrats. on finding yours. HHjs

well big congrats on your first seated dime Sniffy , glad you and Dave made it out . some nice buttons too. try not to show up Dave to much you could damage him for good :laughing7: :laughing7:

its good you to hear ya had a great day , congrats

WOW ~ that is a great find! Love those Seated Liberty Coins! CONGRAT'S!!

Those are EXCELLENT finds. The buttons are interesting and nice ones, and the Seated on top of it...all I can say is BRAVO! :hello2:

Congratulations,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back