1st Day Detector...Wahooo!!!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi all.? Finally got my new MXT yesterday.? Unfortunately, we're snowed under at the moment and it looked like a long wait to try it out.? While I was throwing clad out on the carpet and realizing that my MD is also gonna read every screw in the floor, not to mention heat ducts, wiring and plumbing, I remembered!? I've got a barn!!!!? Down I went this morning and found four silver coins.? A 1936 D mercury dime, a 1942 mercury dime, and two 1964 quarters.? The other piece in the picture is a 30mm round.? Spent about 3 hours on a patch of dirt 15'x40'.? The other 3/4 of the barn is concrete floor.? Can't believe how much earth I moved today.? Lots of junk too.? Man am I hooked.? Come on spring!!!

PS-the felt I layed these out on for the photo, is a Crown Royal bag~ A little celebration!

Attachments

• Dcp02642.jpg
    Dcp02642.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
Hey Colorado2, 1st time detecting? Man do you know how long it took me to dig up a mercury not to mention a silver washington! Augh!!! And I still don't have much more since I've found them... been digginitup for about two years now, but like you, can't dig in the frozen turf her in new york.
Nice finds! Wish I could find stuff like that in my yard...
Chris

Damn nice finds for your first day, great job! 8)

Just wait till you hit your yard. ;D

Hey quick question from a novice. Why was the 36 dime all shiny and the 42 dime so patina'd? They both came out from under hay and manure type environment. Why would the newer dime look older?~CO2

Wondered the same thing many times, Colorado. Wish i had an answer for ya?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back