1935 Silver Certificate’s

IHC656

Jul 17, 2023
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For starters I'll assume they are all $1.00 bills; if not, please state.

Questions:
1. What color are the seals? (Blue, Brown, or Yellow)
2. If blue seal, what series is specified? (None or A,B,C,D,E,F or G)?
3. If brown seal (Hawaii), is there a star before or after the bill's #?
4. If yellow seal (North Africa), ...same question as in 3. (above)

Don in SoCal
PS: In the 1935 series of 37 bills, other than certain 'star' bills there are only 2 or three that are worth over $100 in uncirculated condition. Good luck on you having one or more of those more valuable bills.

Last edited:
For starters I'll assume they are all $1.00 bills; if not, please state.

Questions:
1. What color are the seals? (Blue, Brown, or Yellow)
2. If blue seal, what series is specified? (None or A,B,C,D,E,F or G)?
3. If brown seal (Hawaii), is there a star before or after the bill's #?
4. If yellow seal (North Africa), ...same question as in 3. (above)

Don in SoCal
PS: In the 1935 series of 37 bills, other than certain 'star' bills there are only 2 or three that are worth over $100 in uncirculated condition. Good luck on you having one or more of those more valuable bills.
The bills are $1 bills. Instead of going by memory, I will post pictures later.

B5115905-17A2-4E16-944E-BD886D4EA4AC.jpeg

In post #4 you have two groups of consecutive numbered bills; one group of 2 bills (starting with 'P') and the second grouping of five consecutively numbered bills (starting with 'M').

Three BILLION + of the 1935 C (Julian-Snyder) $1 silver certificates were printed. A premium value is allocated to consecutive numbered bills--and those in better condition.

Without being in consecutive numbers and in a condition of 'normal wear and tear', I'd guess the value of the bills would be $3.00 each or less. On Ebay the (asking) prices may differ. As to the value of your five consecutive numbered bills, I'd use comparable sales (not listing prices) on Ebay to give you a feeling of that group's value.
Don in SoCal

'

For these bills, an expert opinion is not recommended (or needed) unless the opinion is free; otherwise, the cost of an expert opinion might far exceed the value of many, if not all the bills. Online sources are available for you to determine one of the most important factors of evaluation: Condition. Nine different conditions are commonly used: Gem, Choice, Uncirculated (UNC), About UNC, Extremely Fine, Very Fine, Fine, Very Good and Good. Applying the elements of each condition will allow you, yourself, to determine its condition.

Rarity is, of course, another value consideration. But in the case of your bills, rarity is not a factor (ranging from 3 Million to over 4 Billion in quantity printed per bill).

If I were to sell the bill in (obvious) best condition in post 5, I would not release it for less than $20; all others I'd value at far less per bill.
Don in SoCal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back