jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out To a? FORMER JR. High School I HAMMERED for a Full Year, a Few Years Ago With My SOVEREIGN with the W.O.T. Coil on.

I wanted to Try The Explorer 2 With a 10" coil for Comparison.

? ?First Find 1907 Barber.
? ?Later? ? ? ?1941 Mercury
? ? 4 Wheats 1941, 44, 49 & 52-D

? ? ?4 Memorials 77,79,83,97

alot of tiny trash

ALL COINS were found where the Stone Wall & the Grass meet
?

Attachments

• jrhigh003.jpg
    jrhigh003.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 801
  • o7barber003.jpg
    o7barber003.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 796
  • jrhigh001.jpg
    jrhigh001.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 803
  • 41merk001.jpg
    41merk001.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 807
  • jrhigh002.jpg
    jrhigh002.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 4wheats001.jpg
    4wheats001.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
lonewolfe said:
Nice finds Jeff,

looks like my old junior high school (almost an exact replica)!

Brings back memories, and wish I could hunt it again (it's been 10 yrs or more since the last time) but I'm like a 100 miles away from there now? >:(

oh well, I'm over it,

on to the next place ;D

HH

Lonewolfe
a 100 Miles hummmmmmmm if you get 15 mpg at $3.50 a gallon it would cost you about $23...you would at least have to find that much just to go one way

I was gonna say that lonewolf, looks just like mine too!!! ?I think I need to get there and check by the wall...... ? :o

And I'm only 5 minutes away! ;D

Kim - PA said:
Jeff

Have you tried the WOT on the explorer? My friend is thinking about getting the WOT for his explorer.

Not Yet, I'm just Getting Pinpointing Down to a Science with the 10" ;D

Maby in about a Year, I'll Get a WOT for it.

LoneWolf & SugarSand, I'v seen alot Of Schools Like that.

It Most have Been a Popular Design for Schools in the Early 20'th Century.

Very nice!!! You're really recovering some nice coins with the new machine.
Sounds like you're getting pinpointing down. What have you found works best
for you? Any advice would be appreciated.
Getting tired of climbing out of my holes. HH

rvbvetter said:
? ? ? ? ? ? Very nice!!!? ? ? You're really recovering some nice coins with the new machine.
? Sounds like you're getting pinpointing down. What have you found? works best
for you?? Any advice would be appreciated.
? ? Getting tired of climbing out of my holes.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I think The Fact I'v Owned A Sovereign Before Helps.

What I do Is Back Off the Object While Movin the Coil Side To Side VERY SLOWLY & with VERY SHORT STROKES.

When The Sound Disappears, I move Forward, The Same Way Till I get a Signal, Then I Dig Right Under The Tip Of the Coil.

Using My Pinpointer Helps Confirm I'm Right & When I'm Off.

I think I'm Almost 100% but As with Pretty Much Every Detector, When you Try to Pinpoint Wire Or Nails, FORGET IT. You need a Probe.

I HOPE this Helps a Little. rv

So when done it should be at the center of the front leading edge of the coil ? And then the coin would be straight down, flush with the outer front leading edge of the coil. Right?
Cool, I'll have to work on it. Good info Thanks Jeff

rvbvetter said:
? ? ? So when done it should be at the center of the front leading edge of the coil ? And then the coin would be straight down, flush with the outer front leading edge of the coil.? ? Right?
? ? Cool, I'll have to work on it.? ?Good info? ? ? Thanks? Jeff

You Got it RV

See PIC.

As you Know the RED is the Approximate HOT SPOT where The Signal Eminates.

So If Your Swinging As You Move In, as Long as The Objects Under Ground, First Signal WILL
Be where The Bright Green Is.

& object, Will Be Under There Unless it's a Nails for Some Reason.
There May Be Other Items Also that Throw it Off, But Coins & other Solid Objects, Tabs Etc.
Will Be.

I THINK what it is with Nails Is Your Actually Getting a Signal off the HALO not The Nail, As Most of the Time Your Discriminating OUT the IRON.

Attachments

• minelab_coil_1.jpg
    minelab_coil_1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 435
Great way to show it. You can't make it any clearer than that.
But whats that round thing in the picture? And is it me or does anybody see that face in the.....

Kiddin

I can't wait to get out and try it. Thanks Jeff WTG!!!

Let Me Know If it Helps.

BY THE WAY ; I read somewhere, IF you Tip The Coil On Edge & Pass It Back & forth You can Narrow the Signal Down that Way Also.

I havn't Tried This YET tho.

rvbvetter said:
? ?
But whats that round thing in the picture?? ?And is it me or does anybody see that face in the.....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

SORRY, I just Don't See it ;D :D

Attachments

• minelab_coil_1.jpg
    minelab_coil_1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 413
HAHAHAHA!

:D Nice finds Jeff! :D

:D

:D ? ? ? ?

? But it's stare'n straight at the camera!!! ? ? ?There goes that weird music again.

DEFINATELY ALIENS AT WORK ON THIS PAGE . SEEN IT MANY TIMES . LET ONE IN AND THEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.......................................................... ;D WILL DETECT FOR FOOD..........CALL BR.......549

I went back out to try the pinpointing. The area i went to was a little trashy, and probably not the best place to try it at for the first time. But i think you've got something, and once i began to trust that it WAS in front. It seemed more accurate. Right now it feels a little earthling.....uh.....uh.....i mean Alien to me. But a couple times out and it'll be fine.
I tried that tilting the coil to pinpoint thing. And i think it might be better still, especially at a trashy site. cause you can get in between targets.

How did you get a white or light gray coil? Mine has a black one.

Wow, that school could be a dead ringer for the school I attended. Seems like they only knew one architectural style back in those days! I hit my stone wall hard and heavy but no luck, just a few clad pennies. Across the street was another stone wall built by the WPA and everyone use to sit there and eat lunch. Darn Hysterical Society tore the stone wall down to build their new library and museum! Ain't that ironic? Nice finds. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back