1930's brass Social security card.

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1930's brass social security card (aftermarket, not government issued I understand) found in the yard of our local historical society ....sadly, Mr George Goss passed many years ago and his family line as well. I nearly didn't bother digging this, it was practically on the surface. .. and I nearly pitched it as it appeared to be a blank tag of scrap.
IMG_20221023_194359.jpg

Upvote 26
1930's brass social security card (aftermarket, not government issued I understand) found in the yard of our local historical society ....sadly, Mr George Goss passed many years ago and his family line as well. I nearly didn't bother digging this, it was practically on the surface. .. and I nearly pitched it as it appeared to be a blank tag of scrap.
View attachment 2091292
That's a cool find! I've read about them, but that's the 1st I have seen. Sweet find.

Last edited:
View attachment 2091292
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

back in the late 70's there used to be a guy at our local flea market that made those. I remember ads for the set up to make them in the back of magazines.
I remember a friend of mine got one of these when he opened a bank account.... We're probably 13 or 14 he was showing it off... It was painted very patriotically love it thank you.

Looks to be issued

366-01: Michigan, 1936-1950. Kinda kool
Thank you. We researched the gentleman with the hopes we could return it to him or his family but to no avail. He worked in our community in the late 30s at the telephone exchange... Then moved away. Glad we could save him and remember his story in our historical society.

View attachment 2091292
Thats cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back