1910 Pendant/Medal??

B

BiggusDiggus

Found this detecting along a stone wall...Not sure if its a Pendant or a Medal but its dated 1910 and has the letters PLU? or PLH? with a man tossing a wreath? Was not able to find any info on the web, Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

20200216_125508.jpg

What a great find! Agree with vhs07 that it looks like P.A.L., which was established in 1910. Does the reverse side have any markings? If so, please share as that may help ID. Also include a size reference in the photo.

Upvote 0
Nice find. :thumbsup:
If I could ask you to post a cleaned up pic of the back and the front that would help us to I.D. your find.

Dave

Upvote 0
20200218_171142.jpg20200218_171157.jpg

I think yall are onto something, its definitely looks like PAL..Thank you for the help and support!!

Upvote 0
The bottom of the back appears to have a Dieges & Clust maker’s mark, if I’m seeing it right.

Upvote 0
You've got better eyes than i do, here's a photo of the best close up i could get..it is fairly crusty though...Still google searching and i know nothing of makers marks20200218_200736.jpg

Upvote 0
I think yall are onto something, its definitely looks like PAL..Thank you for the help and support!!

What an amazing find, thanks very much for the follow up pics. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the combined brain power of the guys & girls here will find you an answer.
Dave

Upvote 0
Found this detecting along a stone wall...Not sure if its a Pendant or a Medal but its dated 1910 and has the letters PLU? or PLH? with a man tossing a wreath? Was not able to find any info on the web, Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

View attachment 1802755

Being veteran law enforcement I’ve seen one of these before. Not exactly identical, from a year between 1910-1914. Looking at the clothes that are worn it does seem age appropriate attire for sports involving law enforcement. They still do this today, except on a much larger scale, but no longer have a dedicated league for it. Most departments have streets, or areas they want to present their officers in to show the neighborhood they’re there to serve, and protect them. Also have little get together a where fingerprinting, photography is done, for parents to have in case their kids come up missing, along with junior officers/junior deputies badges or stickers. Funny thing this came up, I have a story that everyone has laughs at when I tell them in person. There was a kid who came up to me out of the blue while I was leaving a call for service, and comes out to my car, with a huge lisp, and goes “ you guyssss got some stickersss”. Wish I could do the voice on here to show you because it was hilarious. I gave the boy, and his mom a roll of them to hand out to their buddies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
civil war22, thanks for your public service. That find is bound to have an interesting back story. Consider contacting the national P.A.L. to confirm the ID and find out more about it.

Upvote 0
civil war22, thanks for your public service. That find is bound to have an interesting back story. Consider contacting the national P.A.L. to confirm the ID and find out more about it.

Thanks for that. Most folks that’ve never worked in law enforcement just how difficult it can be, depending on where you are, which dept you work for, and how many folks work with you. I’ve had to work a Dept of just me, and my nearest backup was 20 miles away. I worked nights so I was heavily armed, not on my person, but my car had anything I could ever need

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back