1900's Home Site 12-8-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit the 1900's home site in the corn field in the afternoon. I wanted to work in the area that would have been between the house and garage/driveway. I thought it would be a good place to look for coins. Not much in aluminum trash which was nice for once. No great finds either. I do like the heart shaped object. It has tabs on the reverse where it mounted to something. The silver bar is heavy. Almost wonder if it's stainless steel. One of the last targets of the day turned out to be a crotal bell fragment.

The two large pieces belong to the air system on a tractor or truck. One is for sure an air brake glad hand. The RIVAL can opener tag is kind of cool. I haven't been able to get any identifying info off the shot gun headstamp yet. All in all, a good day and I had fun.

P1001218_WM.jpgP1001219_WM.jpgP1001220_WM.jpgP1001221_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 6
I hit the 1900's home site in the corn field in the afternoon. I wanted to work in the area that would have been between the house and garage/driveway. I thought it would be a good place to look for coins. Not much in aluminum trash which was nice for once. No great finds either. I do like the heart shaped object. It has tabs on the reverse where it mounted to something. The silver bar is heavy. Almost wonder if it's stainless steel. One of the last targets of the day turned out to be a crotal bell fragment.

The two large pieces belong to the air system on a tractor or truck. One is for sure an air brake glad hand. The RIVAL can opener tag is kind of cool. I haven't been able to get any identifying info off the shot gun headstamp yet. All in all, a good day and I had fun.

View attachment 2119544View attachment 2119545View attachment 2119546View attachment 2119547

Thanks for looking...
The last pic that half circle sure looks like a bulls nose ring.

Good that you had fun hunt instead of digging can slaw.

I agree it looks like a half a nose ring.
Wonder what the little heart was off of?

Good that you had fun hunt instead of digging can slaw.

I agree it looks like a half a nose ring.
Wonder what the little heart was off of?
Yeah, it was a fun day (which I needed). The heart shaped thingy is definitely more modern. Feels like aluminum and it may be powder coated.

View attachment 2119544View attachment 2119545View attachment 2119546View attachment 2119547

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back