1900 NY State Commission Paris Worlds Fair

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this item last fall, given that I have been trapped due to the snow..I thought I would do some more research on some of my whimsical finds...That being said, this is one of the more interesting ones...its a pin for the "NY State Commission 1900 Paris World Exposition", precursor for the worlds fair...The only thing I could find is that NY sent exhibits for Dairy and Apples to Paris...anything else, I am at a loss..I can't find anything what so ever on it...its gotta be pretty rare..

NYstate.jpg
NYstate2 (2).jpg
Paris.jpg

It looks like sterling silver. Does it have any info on the reverse or evidence of a pin or clasp? Maybe a broken stick pin?... My guess its a souvenir from that expo.

Upvote 0
Catalogue of exhibitors in the United States sections ... . - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

THis is really quite rare!
I believe it belonged to Arthur E. Vaois He was appointed by the President of the USA to represent the state of New York at the Paris International Exposition in 1900
The President appointed only 18 persons one from each State so I believe this is the only pin like this for New York in Existence ! Read the link above. Scroll down and you will see the appointments by the president. Hope this helps you. It was not unusual to do one off pieces for special events back then.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Catalogue of exhibitors in the United States sections ... . - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library

THis is really quite rare!
I believe it belonged to Arthur E. Vaois He was appointed by the President of the USA to represent the state of New York at the Paris International Exposition in 1900
The President appointed only 18 persons one from each State so I believe this is the only pin like this for New York in Existence ! Read the link above. Scroll down and you will see the appointments by the president. Hope this helps you. It was not unusual to do one off pieces for special events back then.

Cheers

Thanks for bringing light to it, there was only two appointments for the state of new york, shame that when it was originally posted, the uniqueness and historical was ignored, if someone else posted this, I vote would vote banner..o well..

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back