jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Nox 800, Garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found on an old farm ruins in south Eastern Pennsylvania. The ground was quiet for a farm from the mid to late 1800s, barely any trash or targets. Decided to hit a spot by the road and in a very thick under brush area and had this ring up a strong 19 on the nox 800. This was going to be my last target of the day as it was getting dark and out pops this coin, as soon as I saw the beautiful green I knew what it was. I know they’re not rare and I’ve found older coins but I absolutely love pulling IHP out of the ground. Any one else love these green beauties?

Attachments

• 09538062-6BC7-4264-B01F-C1B1B229F6F3.jpeg
    09538062-6BC7-4264-B01F-C1B1B229F6F3.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 0D04DED2-7A22-498F-9655-3079BBE28F24.jpeg
    0D04DED2-7A22-498F-9655-3079BBE28F24.jpeg
    878 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 26
Beautiful coin. Congrats! Like 2 center's, they are a joy to clean when they are in that condition aren't they? Well done!
Thank you! Definitely a joy to clean when the detail is still there!

found on an old farm ruins in south Eastern Pennsylvania. The ground was quiet for a farm from the mid to late 1800s, barely any trash or targets. Decided to hit a spot by the road and in a very thick under brush area and had this ring up a strong 19 on the nox 800. This was going to be my last target of the day as it was getting dark and out pops this coin, as soon as I saw the beautiful green I knew what it was. I know they’re not rare and I’ve found older coins but I absolutely love pulling IHP out of the ground. Any one else love these green beauties?
Very Cool!!! I enjoy every time IHP’s surface for Me!!! Fun Coins!!! Congrats!!!!

Nice find!
I agree,, love popping those IHP's :icon_thumleft:

Another vote for loving IHPs! Anytime there's that much detail AND you see the more condensed date, the hope is that the ever-elusive 1877 will appear. Congrats for a great coin!

Congrats! One of my favorites for sure!

Nice Indian, maybe there are more Indians hiding out at the farm for you to find! HH P.S. some COMET CLEANSER could get the green off IF you want to have it cleaner. The more Indians the BETTER.

Congrats on a very nice find !

And yes, I agree, the heavy green Patina (aka Verdigris) (aka Corrosion) looks great on Indians and 2 Cent coins.
Most of the people in our hobby like the way these coins look but most Coin Collectors do not.
But be careful - if you remove the "heavy green" on a copper coin - most or all of the detail on the coin will be lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back