paris

Greenie
Aug 24, 2017
Paris
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paris streets often flush out old unwanted rusty things. Someone trashed this 1865 Bauche treasure box. Its empty now, but just the right kind of travel Partner to lock up those special finds. No metal detector was used. :)

016.jpg015.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpg

Upvote 41
Wow, someone was a fool to give up that thing. Great find and welcome to Treasurenet.

That box is amazing! I just paid $30 for a relatively boring steamer trunk from the 30's and this is almost a hundred years older. An amazing box to store your pirate treasure and you got it for free. Awesome pick!

Welcome to TN! Great find you made there. The chest will keep a lot of treasure for you.

Makes the imagination run wild as to what it would be like to actually detect it and dig one up! I'd hyperventilate in anticipation of opening it! :laughing7:

Awesome relic find! :occasion14:

That is beautiful ! I would do whatever I could to conserve that ( stop the rust ) and any other minor cleaning - to restore that to it's original look where possible . Great storage for your treasures!

What a beautiful safe box. It never ceases to amaze me what people will put into the landfill. They might as well have just set a pile of cash out on the curb.

I would call that a strongbox.

How big is it and what does it roughly weigh?
Does it seem like it would be relatively easy to break into using a small single jack sledge hammer?
I'm curious if it looks a lot more secure (with the straps and rivets) than it actually is.

Awesome find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back